Chapter Fourteen

I backed away slowly as large figures walked out from behind the trees. I shouldn't have crossed that river, this must be their territory. They growled louder when I put my hand up to stop them and also to show I am no harm.

"Please, I didn't know. I'm sorry." I said calmly, I wasn't afraid of dying seeing as I was already dead but I couldn't leave my mates behind. I looked at the wolves, they were almost my height on all fours. There was a black wolf that seemed to lead them, he must be the alpha. "It was a mistake." I told them.

The alpha looked back to the others before going behind a tree, I frowned, what was he doing? Was he shifting?

Soon a man walked out from behind the tree, he wore shorts and had no shirt on, he was tan and had a stern expression upon his features.

"Who are you?" He asked with a deep voice.

"Violet Swan." My eyes never left his, almost in a challenging stare even though I wouldn't win with all of them.

"A Swan? How is that possible?" He asked with narrowed eyes as if he didn't believe me.

"I can shift however I like." I shrugged, "I wanted a family." I said. He nodded slowly and thought for a minute.

"Why did you come here?" Ugh, I hate questions, I really do.

"I didn't know this was your territory." I said with my hands raised, "I will leave, I won't cross the river again if you let me go."

"No, Billy has talked about you, I want to see what he makes of this." he grabbed my arm but I didn't fight. The wolves followed close behind us.

"Stay here." I stayed put as he went behind a tree again and shifted back. The black wolf came out again and motioned with his large head towards his back, I got what he meant and hopped onto his back feeling quite uncomfortable but I didn't say anything. We soon took off at a fast pace, making our way to Billy's house, this should be interesting.

•••

We soon made it to a house that looked small and a little old. I jumped off of the black wolf's back and looked around, it was pitch black out except for the light coming from the house.

"Come on." The same deep voice said and grabbed my arm, he dragged me towards the house and I heard people walking behind us, must be the rest of the wolf pack.

The alpha guy knocked on the door and waited. Soon after Billy came to the door and looked at me with shock. "Whats the meaning of this?" He asked the others.

"We found her on our territory, thought it would be best if we came to you seeing as you know her somehow." The guy that was still holding my arm tightly said.

Billy turned back to me and sighed, "Come in." He said and rolled away. I was pushed inside and into a seat in the kitchen. Everyone else either stood or sat round the table, watching everything that went down.

"You know we have a peace treaty with the cold ones?" Billy said, I nodded, "then you know that it is breaking that peace if you cross that river."

"It was an honest mistake, I didn't know it was past that river. I only knew about the treaty." I explained to him.

"Boys of mine said you were at the beach a few days ago." The alpha said with a glare.

"Yes well, someone has to look after my sister." Was my usual answer to being somewhere.

"Bella Swan, she's your sister?" He asked, I nodded.

"Are you adopted?" Someone asked from behind, I rolled my eyes.

"Obviously, yes." I said without looking at the person. I looked back to Billy, "so, are you going to let me leave?" I raised an eyebrow and waited for his answer. There was a moment of silence and I was very inpatient.

"Fine, you may go. But don't cross over to our land again or we will be forced to kill you." Billy said, I got up from my seat and made my way to the door but was stopped by someone else grabbing a hold of my arm. What is with people grabbing arm, for God's sake.

"Your just gonna let her leave?" The guy asked, I ripped my arm away from him and he glared at me.

"Yes, she didn't know. And she is a very powerful cold one." Billy said making me smirk at the guy, he sneered at me as I left the house. Remind me never to see those wolves again, I hope Jacob won't turn as bad.

💙