Chapter Seventeen

We arrived at the Cullens house not long after. We all got out and rushed inside, we stopped when Laurent walked round the corner. I growled and held my arm in front of Bella's chest.

"Wait. He came to warn us about James." Carlisle said coming out of nowhere.

"This isn't my fight and I've grown tired of his games, but he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in all of my three hundred years. And the woman, Victoria, don't underestimate her." Laurent explained to us, "and you, Victoria seemed to recognise you." He said while frowning. He soon shook his head and walked out the door.

I stood there for a moment, why would she recognise me. Unless she's seen me once in this form. I snapped out of it when Emmett pulled me into the garage. Everyone was there packing things.

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're not easy to kill." Jasper spoke.

"But not impossible. We'll tear him apart and burn the pieces." Emmett added making me roll my eyes. I walked over to Rose and sat next to her on the bench.

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle said, I mentally agreed but if it had to come to that for Bella's sake I would personally rip his head off. Edward looked at me with a smirk and nodded in agreement.

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rose asked, I wrapped an arm around her waist showing I would protect her.

"I'm gonna run Bella south and then you can lead the tracker away from here." Edward said to Carlisle.

Carlisle shook his head, "no Edward. James knows you would never leave Bella. He'll follow you." He said which sounded pretty spot on to me.

"I'll go with Bella. Jasper and I will drive them south, and Violet can come too." Alice said with a smile, "I'll keep her safe, Edward."

"You better keep Violet safe as well." Emmett said, Rose nodded with him making me smile. I kissed her cheek and hugged Emmett before getting into the back of the car with Bella.

"Can you keep you thoughts to yourself?" Edward asked Alice and she nods.

"Rosalie, Esme. Could you put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent?" Edward said handing out a few of her jackets.

"Why? What is she to me?" Rose asked stubbornly.

I popped my head out of the window and looked at her, "your future sister in law unless you keep actin' like this." I told her, everyone laughed while Rose still looked salty about everything.

"Rosalie. Bella is with Edward. She's apart of this family, and we protect our family." Carlisle said while handing her a jacket.

Edward walks over to the car leans into Bella's window, "if anything happens, I just..." he said but couldn't finish.

"Nothings going to happen, I wouldn't let my little sister get hurt." I said making him sigh and nod.

Alice then pulled out of the garage and then out of Forks. Bella called mum but it went to voicemail so she left a message telling her what was going on.

~~~~~

We drove into Phoenix and were in a motel as of now for a few nights. Nothing happened during the night we stayed there.

I walked into the bathroom and locked the door, I looked in the mirror and saw myself. I was pale like usual, dark lines were under my eyes which I assumed was from stress and my turquoise eyes were as bright as ever. They were my favourite feature obviously, at least I got something good out of becoming a monster.

There was a knock on the door making my head snap towards it, "yeah?" I asked.

"Its Jasper. Are you alright?" He asked, his southern accent showing with every word he spoke.

"I'm fine." I said vaguely to him.

"Can I come in?" I though about but then gave in. I unlocked the door and let him in, watching as he sat on the side of the bath, I followed after.

We sat in silence for a few minutes. I knew he wanted to say something, he played with fingers like I did when I was nervous to say something. I grabbed his hand and he instantly intertwined our fingers together, I smiled.

"Somehing you wanna ask me?" I asked gently.

He sighed, "is there something wrong with me?" I frowned when he asked this, "it's just, you seem to like Rose and Alice more. And I know that sounds childish but..." he trailed off.

"I guess its just cause we haven't had the chance to talk to much." I said truthfully, "doesn't mean I don't love you or Emmett any less." I shrugged.

He looked at me and smirked, "love?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Yeah, love." I said making his smirk grow bigger. I looked down to his lips then back to his eyes and he did the same, I rolled my eyes again and grabbed his shirt pulling him towards me, I smashed my lips against his in a passionate kiss, it was rough but slow.

I could've kissed him for forever but someone banged in the door, we pulled apart, "what are you two doing I there?" I heard Alice ask. Jasper and I looked at each other.

"Just talking." I said more like a question. I heard her laughing and footsteps moving away from the door.

"We better get out there." Jasper got up and so did I but before I could walk away he grabbed my arm and spun me around, kissing me once again before walking past me. I narrowed my eyes, that player. I followed behind him while glaring at his back, this should be an interesting relationship.
💙