Chapter Nineteen

I sat next to Edward as we pretended to sleep. Bella was laying in the hospital bed and I was extremely worried for her, so was Edward. Instead of worrying the whole time we choose to keep our mind off the matter a little by thinking jokes towards each other, it got a little hard to stay quiet after a while.

I heard the door open which made Edward and I tense, I cracked my eyelid open and saw mum walking over to Bella. She had tear streaks on her face but her hair was always perfect. I quickly closed my eyes when she turned to me. I felt her kiss my forehead then heard her walk back to Bella's side.

"Bella? Baby?" I heard mum say with relief. Thank God she's awake.

"Mum?" I heard Bella call out with a croaking voice.

"Hey." Mum whisperer soothingly to her daughter, smiling now that she was awake.

"Where is he? Where's Edward?" Was the first thing she asks, nice to know she cares about her sister too. The feeling of someone hitting my arm made me jump slightly in supreme before figuring it was just Edward telling me to be quiet.

"He's asleep, same with your sister. They never leave. And your dad is down at the cafeteria. Do you want me to wake Violet?" Mum asked quickly, probably already getting ready to 'wake' me.

"No, no its alright, she should sleep. What happened?" She seemed panicked and her breathing and heartbeat was fast, I almost wanted to get up and run over to her but I stayed put knowing mum and Bella had to talk.

"Well, when you fell you broke your leg. You don't remember any of this do you? Edward came down with his dad to try to convince you and Violet to come back to Forks. So you went over to their hotel and you tripped. You went through a window. Violet was hysterical." Mum explained the story. We had came up with it on the ride over and it seemed pretty believable to an extent.

"Yeah, that sounds like me." She sighed heavily before giving out a quiet cough.

A buzz was heard and I frowned from the noise, "Oh, honey. I'm sorry. It's Phil, he's so worried about you." Mum told Bella as I heard her text on her phone.

"You're texting?" Bella asked in almost disbelief.

"Finally yeah. I told him to stay down in Florida. Oh, honey. You and Violet are gonna love Jacksonville. It's sunny everyday and we found the cutest little house and you get your own bathroom." She's definitely not gonna like that.

"No, mum. We still wanna live in Forks. A-and you know Violet doesn't like sunny weather." She stuttered out, getting flustered and panicked.

"What?" Mum asked with sadness, I could feel her and that made me feel horrible.

"We wanna live in Forks, I know Violet still does." Bella said again.

"Well, ok. We'll talk about it later." She said with slight sadness in her voice.

"Do you mind getting dad? I have to talk to him. Apologize." Bella said.

"Ok, baby. I'll go get him, and I'll go get a nurse to, ok?" I heard her leave the room, the door clicking shut behind her. I hit Edward to tell him to get up and we both walking over to Bella who was waiting. I sat next to her on the bed and gave her a sad smile.

"What happened? Where is James?" She asked us, confusion evident on her even paler face.

"We took care of him, Bells. And the woman, Victoria, she ran off." I told her, knowing what I said was for certain.

"I'm alive because of you guys." She said with a small smile.

"No, you're in here because of us. The worst part of it was I thought I wasn't gonna be able to stop." Edward said making himself feel bad about the whole ordeal. I gave his shoulder a short squeeze to tell him it wasn't his fault, it would have happened to all of us.

"But you did stop." Bella tried, she hated seeing Edward this way because she knew it was her fault to begin with.

"Bella, you gotta go to Jacksonville, so I can't hurt you anymore. But Violet can't go with you." He said, I looked down not wanting to meet her eyes to see the expression she would give me.

"What? Why not? No, no! I don't even know what you're...what are you talking about? You want me to go away without my sister? I can't just leave you." Bella argued, trying to find the right words for how she was feeling.

"I know." I said softly.

"We can't be apart. You can't leave me, especially my sister." She said with tears in her eyes.

"We're here." Edward grabs her good hand and squeezes it making me smile.

"Ok. You just can't, just say stuff like that to me. Ever." She said, she lay her head back down on her pillow.

I kissed her forehead, "I'm sorry." I said.

~~~~~

We all walked out of the hospital a few hours later and Bella was defiantly ready to go home. Mum stayed in Phoenix while we drove home which was quite awkward. I apologised to dad at least twenty times during the ride but he said it was not our fault and we weren't thinking right.

We got home and I sighed with relief, "Violet, can I talk to you?" Bella asked me, oh no. We walked upstairs and into her room, we sat on her bed and I waited for her to talk. She sighed, "are you...are you one of them?" I stayed silent, I'm surprised she didn't figure it out earlier.

"Violet, I don't think of you any different. You're my sister no matter how old you are." She joked at the end making me snort. "How old are you really though? out of curiosity."

"You know curiosity killed the cat." I told her, she rolled her eyes playfully at me.

"That saying is way over used." She said making me nod.

"I believe I'm around...6000 years old." I answered, Bella's eyes widened and her jaw hung open.

"What?!" She asked loudly, I shushed her in case dad would come up, "6000 years old? are you like the oldest vampire ever?"

"Something like that." I said with a sigh.

"How were you...turned?" She asked hoping I would tell her, now that she knew I couldn't keep everything a secret, I had to tell her.

"Well, I'll tell you about my life, when I was a human." She nodded and got comfortable on her bed making me smile, it was like I was telling a child some sort of fairytale but it would never get a happily ever after. This is going to be a long night of talking, I'll tell ya that.

"It started back in around 4000 B.C and everything was falling apart at the time."
💙