1;; unexpected visitor

{Third person POV}

It's always been hard for Marinette to watch nearly everyone in Paris gawk over the sight of the boy she loves. The beautiful and widely known Adrien Agreste. Even as her alter ego Ladybug, she still was saddened at the thought of Adrien being with someone else. No one would understand her struggles. So she simply kept them to herself.

However her struggles are matched by Chat Noir. Little does she know, he is in love with his partner, Ladybug. It's hard to watch Ladybug deny his love for her. As his alter ego, Adrien, he clings to the friendship Ladybug has given him with Chat Noir. Sadly for him, he feels that there isn't anyone going through his same problem.

Oh how easy it would be if they just revealed their identities.

They each frequently occupy each other's thoughts, or at least one of their egos do. Ladybug is always on her feline partners' mind, even when he is Adrien. While Adrien invaded the thoughts of Ladybug, or Marinette.

It just so happens that today, a teacher that teaches a class Marinette and Adrien share together, notices their lack of attention. Ms. Mendeleiev clears her throat. Neither of them even realized as they continued with their deep thoughts.

This caused the teacher to furrow her eyebrows and scoff. "Adrien and Marinette, since you both are paying sooo much attention to my lesson, why don't you each repeat what I've just explained?" She huffed out angrily and folded her arms. The teacher was known for being hard on her students. It wasn't usually like them to completely fall out of the lesson like this, but when it came to a crush it was all they wanted to think about.

Marinette's face flushed red while Adrien sighs, keeping his cool. "Well, Ms. Mendeleiev, you were just talking about how Marinette and I don't pay attention in your class." He replied. No matter how much his teacher wanted to snicker and argue that he was wrong, Adrien truly wasn't wrong. Technically he was right.

The class broke out into fits of giggles and laughter while Ms. Mendeleiev rolled her eyes. "Enough! That wasn't funny. I should give you detention but you're off the hook for now, Mr. Agreste." She said in return. In all honesty, she probably just didn't want to upset Adrien's father.

Marinette sighed in relief, her ocean blue eyes blinking a bit. Her teacher was right. She hadn't been paying attention to her lesson and it would probably be best if she began taking notes. Even her best friend, Alya, was jotting down notes. Marinette took a shaky breath while the pink blush on her face simmered. She grasped her pen and concentrated her focus back onto the lesson.

As for Adrien, he figured he could copy notes from his best friend Nino. He'd much rather spend this time thinking more about his superhero partner, and how he longed to know her true identity. A smile graced his face as he rested his head on his hand and fell back into the pool of thoughts.

During the remainder of the school day, everything was pretty calm and slightly boring. The usual. It continued on this way until the students were dismissed for the night and everyone exited the building.

Adrien walked out of the building while Nino rambled on about some new music. Adrien couldn't stop thinking about his patrol as a hero later today. He'd be able to see his lady, and that was enough motivation for him to go about his day rapidly.

Marinette drifted behind the two boys with Alya at her side. She gazed at Adrien, smiling fondly. Alya chuckled and shook her head as she watched her best friend swoon over the blonde model in front of them. This was a daily routine for the two girls. For Marinette, she could stare at Adrien for hours. She even planned on watching his television commercial all night, if she didn't have to patrol Paris with her flirty partner. A sigh escaped her lips, but she had a duty.

~Time Skip to the night~

Marinette stood from her desk in her room. She had been working on some new designs of her fashion ideas. A yawn passed though her lips and she stretched, her little kwami flying to her side. "Marinette, it's patrol time!" Tikki warned.

Tikki had always made sure that Marinette kept up with her job as a Miraculous holder. Even if she sometimes would rather stay home. "Alright, Tikki. Spots on!" She called out to her kwami, who transformed her into her Ladybug outfit quite swiftly. It wasn't long until she found herself sprinting across the building roofs of Paris, her yo-yo swinging at her side.

As for Adrien, he had been waiting for patrol time ever since the last one. He smiled as the time came and called for his kwami, Plagg. "Plagg, claws out!" He commanded as the little black cat kwami obeyed and transformed his holder. Within seconds, Adrien was transformed into Chat Noir and he darted discretely our his window and in the direction of Ladybug.

Ladybug awaited Chat Noir's arrival patiently, glancing off into the distance. Behind her, he sauntered over and smirked. "Good evening, my Lady." He greeted. This earned him a playful eye roll from her, and she laughed lightly.

"Hi, Chat Noir. Now let's begin this patrol." She replied before fleeing off into the darkness. The blonde-haired boy gazed at her for a moment before following after her in the night.

They usually never found any trouble with akumatized civilians at night, although they needed to patrol just to be sure. Anything is possible. On this particular night, they got done very quickly considering there was no trouble at all. There were barely any people out at all. So, to Ladybug's relief and Chat Noir's dismay, they were able to end the patrol early.

The two went back to their meeting spot, breathing ragged and legs tired out from the journey and rapid traveling. Ladybug gave her feline partner a smile. "Well, it was nice seeing you, Kitty. I'll see you again tomorrow if there isn't an emergency." She spoke kindly to him before using her yo-yo so swing away in the direction to her home.

Chat Noir was left, and he sighed at that. At least he got to see his bugaboo, though. That brought a toothy grin to his face. However, his joy was drowned by the thought of his lady wanting to leave him as quickly as possible. It was no secret that she had eyes for someone else, and that wounded him deeply.

It felt as if a knife had been stabbed through his heart, seeing that his love was wasted. A sigh, laced with pain, escaped his lips as he flung across the building tops aimlessly. He was still dressed in his Chat Noir attire, but he didn't care. His focus was simply on Ladybug, and how she only saw them as friends. Nothing more.

Underneath him was a street light flickering, and he leaped down to it. The light continued to flicker until it soon came to a stop, leaving Chat in the dark again. His night vision was always there and it was fascinating, but nothing compared to the actual light. In his case, he always pictured Ladybug as that light.

The superhero fell into his thoughts, mindlessly collapsing onto the ground. His thoughts were consumed by his lady, as she was all he could think about. "If only she could see how much I truly love her...", he thought aloud. He didn't even realize the single tear that fell from his tired eyes.

Whereas the one who occupied his thoughts arrived safely at her home, she de-transformed and gave Tikki a cookie from the bakery underneath her room. Marinette changed from her clothes into her pajamas and fell comfortably onto her bed. She had nearly fallen asleep when she heard a muffled voice outside the door of her parents' bakery downstairs.

At first, she was concerned. Being Ladybug gave her confidence over time though, and she decided to go investigate the soft sounds. Marinette crawled down to the bakery, and quietly took a peak at the clear door that the noise came from. The sight outside the door came as a shock to her.

There he was. Chat Noir, her partner, sitting outside the bakery. His back leaned against the door, and she took a few steps forward only to figure out what he was doing.

"Wait...was he crying?!"

{a/n: hiya readers! i hope everyone enjoyed this. please share and be nice, it's my first time writing a story like this :3 -calico}