4;; cant hide the truth

{Third Person POV}

At the thought of seeing his angel, Chat Noir rapidly leapt through the window and sprinted to the bakery. When he finally saw it, he lowered himself to the door and smiled once he saw Marinette sitting on the counter. 'Maybe she was waiting for me.' Chat thought, a confident smirk on his lips as he admired her.

Chat knocked lightly on the door. Thankfully it caught Marinette's attention and she smiled with a small blush covering her cheeks. She motioned her hand for him to come.

He gladly accepted and walked in, feeling slightly better than he did last night. Although he was in pain everywhere from his bodyguard, at least he wasn't crying. "Well hello there angel, how are you doing this fine evening?" He asked kindly, stepping closer to her.

Marinette shrugged. "I was kind of hoping to see someone but they never showed. I'm okay, though. How are you?" She asked, tilting her head to the side with question.

Chat didn't plan on telling her about what happened earlier. It would probably worry her and he didn't want to stress his angel. She was too precious to him. Which is strange since they just recently got close.

"I'm doing great, now that I'm with you. By the way, it's their loss to whoever didn't see you." He replied smoothly with a charming smile.

Marinette giggled and scratched his chin lightly. "Thanks, silly kitty." She said playfully. Chat purred at her touch. This caused them both to laugh again.

They talked for a while. It was clear that they enjoyed each other's company. Until, Chat noticed Marinette starting to yawn and close her eyes every few moments. "Hey, angel. You look tired. Let's get you to bed and I'll see you tomorrow." Chat smiled fondly as Marinette nodded.

She hopped off the counter to stand but wobbled a bit when her feet touched the floor. At this, Chat was at her side and gripped her arm to make sure she wouldn't fall. "Careful there, that could've been a cat-tastrophe!" He joked with his cat pun, putting emphasis on the word. Of course he would make a cat pun, it's basically his superpower.

Marinette laughed lightly at his pun, and grabbed his arm. Chat flinched when she did so but swiftly hoped she didn't notice. Although, luck wasn't on his side that time and she did happen to notice him flinch. "Chat...what was that?" She asked in all seriousness.

He tilted his head. "What was what?" He asked. Chat hated lying, but he didn't want his angel to know about how hard his civilian life was going currently.

Once he said that, Marinette sighed. "You flinched when I touched you. Almost like you were in pain. What's going on?" She replied in question.

A nervous laugh emitted from Chat. "Oh, it's nothing. Just a hard night I hope you understand." He tried to reassure her but she didn't fall for it.

"No. Please tell me what's going on, I don't like that you're hurt." She spoke softly. It bothered her that he wouldn't tell her.

Chat sighed lightly and looked down. "It's just something at home. You can't know too much about my civilian life, angel." He said in response and lifted his eyes to look back at her again.

Marinette gasped. "Chat...is someone hurting you?" Her voice trembled as she waited for him to answer her. It was scary for her to know that someone could be hurting him behind closed doors. How could someone hurt such a beautiful person?

It was no secret anymore. He nodded slowly. "It was only tonight though. They've never really did it before. It was my fault anyway. Don't worry too much about it, love. I'm alright. I will be okay." He explained. It sounded more like he was trying to convince himself more than Marinette.

The pain was clear in Chat's green eyes. She shook her head and wanted to speak more about this, but knew she shouldn't when he gave her a tired gaze. Marinette decided to just drop it for now. "Alright. Please tell me if anything happens though. I'm here for you. I don't like it that somebody hurt you, so if you ever need help or somewhere to go, I will always be here." She promised him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Chat blushed slightly and smiled. "Thank you angel. I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, he placed a kiss on her forehead and left the bakery.

{a/n: hey everybody thanks for reading lol. sorry i am bad at publishing chapters but its going to get better. at least i will try ☺️}