2;; the first night

{Third Person POV}

Marinette was still, her eyes set on the figure outside her door. "Wait...was he crying?!" She whispered to herself. When she realized she said that out loud, she was thankful that Chat hadn't heard her. She didn't know what to do, though. Of course she wouldn't just leave him there by himself while he was sad. So, she inhaled a sharp breath and walked to the door.

Chat was leaning on it, so she needed to alert him that she was there before she opened it. Marinette tapped the glass lightly to catch his attention. He turned swiftly to the sound and glanced up at her. It was now that she saw his eyes glistening with tears, one already staining his paled cheek.

The sight of her normally flirtatious partner was enough to hurt her heart. She had never seen this much emotion from him, or at least Ladybug hadn't. Her hand grasped the door handle and she pulled it open, a warm smile lacing her pink lips. "Hey. Do you want to come in?" She asked softly.

He shifted his gaze to the ground and nodded, standing to his feet and entering the closed bakery. "Thanks." He mumbled out, sitting on one of the cleared counters. Marinette closed the door and followed after him. She walked closer to him, standing in front of him.

It killed her to see such a flamboyant and lovely person like this. Especially her friend. "Chat Noir, if I may ask, what's wrong?" She spoke finally, breaking the silence. She genuinely cared, and wanted to help as best she could.

Chat simply exhaled. "Well, Marinette, reality hit me today. This girl that I really liked doesn't want me. She sees us as friends, and will never love me. She just doesn't have the same feelings for me and it's clear she never will. There's nothing I can do about it, besides sit here and watch her love someone else." He replied, more tears now lightly drizzling his face.

Marinette could almost feel his pain, as she felt the same way about Adrien sometimes. "Yeah. I could relate." She agreed. Her hand reached out and touched his cheek, wiping away the tears that had fallen. A sad smile found its way to her face.

The boy shook his head. "I'm sorry that you have to relate, this really sucks." He said, "You don't deserve to feel like this."

She stilled her soft hand on his face. "Neither do you. It really does suck, doesn't it?" She responded. Marinette averted her blue gaze to the ground, as her own eyes dripped a tear or two.

At the sight of her tears, Chat Noir placed his hand on hers. He intertwined their fingers and pulled her into him, wrapping his arms around her from where he sat on the counter. "Hey, please don't cry. I'm sorry that I brought my sadness to you." He spoke guiltily.

Seeing as she already had a tear falling, she allowed him to drag her into his embrace. She hugged him as well, listening to his words again. "It isn't your fault. To be honest, I'm glad that you're here. Y-you're really nice to talk to." She replied, stuttering slightly on her words.

Chat Noir used his free hand to place under her chin, bringing her head up to meet his green eyes. He brought a slight smile to his face. It was then he saw that Marinette looked quite like an angel. Her midnight hair, ocean eyes, soft skin that seemed to glow in the pale moonlight. He had to admit, she was beautiful. "Thank you. You're good company, I kinda like talking to you too, angel." He said fondly.

Marinette blushed faintly at the nickname. Chat had always called Ladybug different nicknames, but he had never used Angel. It was as if he chose it just for Marinette, and he did. She couldn't help but to feel butterflies in her stomach.

The moment of bonding and relation that they shared was soon cut off by Chat's miraculous. It beeped, alerting him that he would be de-transformed soon. Marinette took a step back almost reluctantly. "Well, I'm guessing that's your cue." She laughed lightly, wiping a tear from her eye.

Chat hopped down from the counter and nodded. "Yeah, that'd be me." He said in return, taking a step closer to Marinette. "Goodnight, angel. I'll hope to see you again soon." He added before swiftly exiting the bakery and leaving into the darkened distance.

Marinette chuckled lightly. "Goodnight, Chat Noir."

{a/n: hehe, who likes the nickname?! yes?! no?! well, i hope that every reader liked this chapter. thanks for reading 😄}