7;; intoxicated

{ Third Person POV }

The moment Chat Noir arrived inside his room, he was greeted by the darkness. It was a lonely feeling. Cold and brutal. Except that wasn't the case tonight. He felt another presence in the room along with him.

Chat's jade green eyes narrowed as he swiftly scanned the room. A beep from his ring blurted out and he sighed with frustration knowing he couldn't transform yet. He needed to figure out who else was in there with him.

A dark growl erupted from the depths of his shadowy room. It was one he could identify as possibly his bodyguard. At the realization, he widened his eyes and his ears flattened against his skull. The bodyguard must think Adrien snuck out and is probably waiting for him. Little did he know, Adrien was already in the room with him.

The last thing Chat wanted was to get injured from his bodyguard again. He exhaled heavily and leapt our the window, swiftly taking off down the street and into an alley. His transformation wore off right on time. Plagg stumbled onto the cold concrete and groaned.

"My head is pounding! Please get me some cheese, kid." He mumbled. Adrien chuckled and ran a hand through his hair.

Typical Plagg. "Sure. Let's go to the store, but you should hide in my pocket, okay?" He replied. A yawn escaped his lips as he finished off his sentence. The petite kwami nodded in agreement and flew into Adrien's pocket.

Fortunately for them, there was a shop a few buildings away. Adrien left the alley and counter the spare money he had on him. It wasn't much, but it would at least buy them some cheese for Plagg. It wasn't long before he entered the store and started searching for camembert.

A wave of relieve flooded through Adrien when he came across the cheese. It wasn't expensive either. He grabbed a wheel for Plagg and strolled to the checkouts. The blonde placed the cheese on the counter and smiled politely at the cashier before glancing behind her.

There was a wall behind her. A wall that contained packs of cigarettes and some other things that he didn't pay much attention to. He tilted his head and shrugged. He'd need something to take the edge off from everything that's been going on recently.

Before Adrien could buy the cigarettes, he'd need to transform. Everyone already knew him as his civilian form. He sighed but bought the cheese and quickly exited the store, retreating behind the building rapidly.

The blonde grabbed the cheese and it wasn't long until Plagg flew from his pocket. His kwami smiled and practically attacked the cheese, devouring it. Adrien chuckled and watched the black cat. It didn't matter what size the cheese was, Adrien was convinced that Plagg could devour any amount of camembert he was given.

"Okay, so what's the plan? You can't go home. You can't stay here behind the shop. So what are you doing?" Plagg asked while finished his cheese.

This received a sigh from Adrien. "Well, I'm gonna transform and probably just have some time to myself. Maybe go find a place to sit." He spoke gently. His voice was deepened with a sudden sadness from the fact that he couldn't even go home.

In fact, did he even have a home? Home is where one should be happiest and safest. Home is where you should be at peace. That isn't the case for him. Only one thing crossed his mind when he thought of him. Marinette. He couldn't even begin to describe it. The feelings came out of nowhere and slapped him in the face.

Marinette radiates love and is surrounded by warmth. How could he not associate her with safety and the sense of being home? Adrien finds himself in a deep tranquillity with her. She's sensational. His heart fluttered at the thought.

Plagg tilted his head and groaned. "Adrien, come on. Let's get going." He spoke out and ripped the blonde from his comforting thoughts. Adrien reluctantly nodded and transformed back into Chat Noir. He swiftly made his way back into the shop and did his best to keep his confident facade. A smirk played on his lips.

The cashier gasped and bursted into a fit of giggling. "H-hey there, Chat Noir! What can I get ya?" She asked and twirled a strand of her hair with her finger. Chat resisted the urge to roll his eyes as he glanced at the cigarette packs behind her. "Pack of cigarettes and a lighter, please." He asked and placed the money on the table.

At first, she was confused. Though she complied and grabbed the pack and lighter for him. Chat took the items in his hands and gazed back up at the girl. "Not a word of this to anyone, sweetheart." He spoke and flashed her one last smirk before disappearing into the ebony night.

The black cat soon found himself sitting atop a red brick building. His legs dangled from the side and he tore open the box of cigarettes. Chat sighed as he paused to think about what he was about to do. There wasn't anything he could think of that would stop his choice to smoke. He shrugged lightly and lit the white cigarette placed between his soft lips.

It was his first time. As he inhaled, he coughed a bit but was able to stifle his coughing. After the next few puffs he finally formulated an efficient technique. The smoke he released from his parted lips was dull and gray, almost like smog. The smoke was similar to his eyes. Dull and lifeless. Once jade green pools were now nearly a shade of gray.

Chat Noir didn't care though. He sat on the edge of that roof and drowned in his loneliness. Even superheroes get sad. That was a side nobody saw of them. They couldn't be transparent. They needed to be bright and bubbly and superior. The black cat grunted, convinced nobody cared. Although he was so, so wrong. The person who cared the most was lurking behind him. A pained expression painted on her countenance.

-
A/N: I hope y'all love it!!