Chapter 2

I tapped on the wall right beside my bed, trying to make somewhat of a tune. I began humming "Mary Had A Little Lamb" in a weak manner, and realized I hadnt eaten in two days. My stomach growled as I lifted myself up, feeling a bit lightheaded. I looked around, even though it was pitch black, for something to focus on. Lifting my legs back on the bed, I felt a cold breeze sway in my eyes, making them water. I yawned, which followed by a shiver, and noticed somethin odd in the corner of my bed across from me. 

"Where is he? Do you know?" I heard a faint cry come from the other bed where my roommate was supposed to claim. I blinked my eyes and shook my head; I was most likely shocked from the movie I had watched earlier today. I cleared my throat and sat in the dark, humming again.

"Are you ignoring me? Where is he?" the gentle voice whimpered again, except I could hear it more clear, and closer to my ear. 

"What? Who are you?" I blurted. I couldnt control my actions, and I felt almost obligated to talk. I shivered again, and felt a quick chill run down my spine. My eyes began to sting, and I felt them slowly turning pink. As I retreated away from the voice, my leg started to tingle. Am I dreaming? Am I asleep? 

My lip trembled, and a low squeaking commenced from my roommate's bed, getting louder and louder. I searched for something to hang on to, to climb, anything; but then remembered that this room was filled with nothing, absoloutley nothing; just walls and two beds.

I lightly thumped my hands against the walls to relieve my fright. I looked to the left of me, and caught a quick glimpse of what appeared to look like a small blue light, bouncing off the walls. My eyes followed the light, and my hand's thumping grew to loud, spiritual bangs. The beats got faster and faster, as I witnessed more lights flashing around. My eyes grew wide with terror, as I couldnt comprehend what was happening. I parted my lips to scream, but all that came out was a low whimper. 

The lights began to dissapear slowly as I felt light headed again, and saw the room and darkness fade into red.  

                                                                                    ~

I awoke to chatter among a bunch of people, and there was actually light in the place where I was. The conversations slowly settled down to whispers, and I attempted to get up, but thick, velcro straps held me back. I blinked a couple times to get used to where I was, and began panicking. 

"Where am I? Who are you? Where are the lights?" I started off gentle, and my soft voice grew to a shreik. The doctors whispered into eachother's ears, but I could only make out the word "lights". Oops.

I noticed that Doctor Stropher was the one standing next to me; i felt like a total lab alien, strapped to a science table, being observed.

 Doctor Stropher cleared his throat. "Jade, what lights, please explain." He leaned in closer to me, and I saw a small video camera angle on me, and after that one, I saw tons more. 

"Explain! Yes explain!"  voices screamed within the crowd. "Explain! UFO's?"

"This is Channel 13 News coming from Josephine Mental Institution with a lovely lady named.." A newscaster spoke into a microphone, and directed his camera crew towards me. He positioned the microphone in front of my face, cueing me to say my name.

"Jade..Jade Aqo-Aqora" I managed to squeak out. 

"Out! No video allowed! Shoo, youre not allowed in here!"  Doctor Stropher wacked at the air, directing them towards the door. "Doctor crew only!"

I sighed in relief and closed my eyes. I was a freak, a freak with schizophrenia, and the doctors didnt need to waste their breaths denying it. 

"What am I doing here? Im an insane, schizophrenic freak. Shouldnt I be in my room, alone?" I said in an irritated tone. Everyone gave me that, 'the-freak-talked-!' look. 

"She's schizophrenic?" "Since when?" "I thought she was only insane?" "What?"  All the confused faces gave me the chills.

"No, no. Everyone, she's not schizophrenic. We've done many tests, its negative. She's just.." Doctor Stropher looked at me but stopped before he could say 'insane.'

"Insane, I know. But dont lie to me for my pleasure." I rolled my eyes at the lies he threw at everyone.

"I think thats enough of seeing people today..." He looked at me in a worried way and began to push the table, which apparently had wheels on it, towards the exit door. "You didnt hit anyone or scream as much today.. we're taking baby steps here." 

Doctor Stropher wheeled me into my dark room, and hauled me to a stop. I looked up at the ceiling as I waited to be unstrapped and locked back in hell. Doctor Stropher unlashed the velcro and patted my hand. He was always the one nicest to me, and never treated me like a creature, even though it was clear that he thought I was. 

 I lifted myself up and sat on the table for a while, and noticed something different. I looked on my roommates bed, actually saw someone sitting there. I blinked a few times just incase I was imagining stuff again, but he was there. I glanced at Doctor Stropher and waited for him to say something.

"Oh, um, yeah. This is your new roommate, Nathan. Jade, Nathan, Nathan, Jade." Dr.Stropher said, signaling for the boy to stand up. 

I opened up my eyes wide. "N-Nathan?" I stuttered. Nathan, my best friend. My dead best friend. My dead best friend that was murdered by me.