emptiness // 10

(Aria's POV)

A few days later

Friday 11:47AM
Lunch

           I've made a couple of female friends. One of them is named Kayleah, the other is named Perfect and Yazmein.

I meet up with them at the vending machine near the tables at lunch.

"So you guys going to the party at Gerids tonight?" Yazmein says while biting her first nail.

"Yeah"
"If you guys are going then I'm going I guess"
"I was "invited, so I guess I have to go "

We all said our decisions out loud and discussed what we should do before the party. We agreed on going to my house and getting ready because my dads never home.

——-
After school // 4:00PM

             We all take and Uber to my house and get ready. The girls have their clothes in their backpack already but I still need to choose my outfit. My white tank top tucked into my regular dark blue jeans and low top old school vans . I put my hair into two Dutch braids and go to the bathroom to but in some light make up. I check my phone to see the time " 6:30PM // 1 Notification: Text Message : Grayson - Call me when your ready so I,can pick you guys up "

Falsies (fake eyelashes), eyebrows , and some chapstick.

We wait for about an hour before I call Grayson to come pick us up.

10-15 minutes later he comes swoops us.

I check my phone to check the time again to make sure that we get there before everyone else does.

" 7:36PM // No Notifications "

I click the power button on my phone once to turn it off.

______

10:55PM // Party at Garids

It's starting to get crowded at this party. Perfect , Kayleah, and Yazmein are next to me talking about some things but I can't hear , the loud music muffles out their conversation.

              About 10 minutes later everyone starts cheering. I try to see what's happening and I spot Ethan entering the  house. Everyone is cheering for him.

But why?

I turn to Kayleah and ask her why they're all cheering and she said....

" ohhhh that's right you're new here, okay so Ethan is the master at drinking any alcoholic beverages, you name it he can do it. He's technically the King of Parties." she explains to me in my ear.

"narly" I reply while squinting my eyes in amaze.

Perfect orders some shots of tequila for me and the rest do the groups.

I down 9 shots of tequila easily, then 5 shots of vodka like it's no biggy, then 6 Jell-O shots with gin like it's water.

I'm tipsy at this point , I can barely think straight. They all tell me to slow down and to sit down and relax. I look over to the other end of the counter to see Ethan just drinking a bottle of Jack Daniel's like it's Gatorade.

I felt the urge to get up and dance , so I did . As I'm dancing, I feel heat coming from a body that's close to me trying to get through the crowd of people dancing . I look up to see that it's Ethan.  Even though he's trying to get through he's towering over me with his 6 feet tall muscular body with his head turned to the side.

I look up into his eyes and his head makes it's way down to me.We make eye contact.

All I see is emptiness and nothing but anger. It's like there is no emotion at all. No happiness, no sadness , just anger.

pure anger.

He breaks contact by looking to the side exposing his sharp jawline. He's still trying to find his way through this huge crowd of about 60 people. At this point I'm tired of dancing around all of these sweaty , warm, intoxicated teenagers.

I check my phone to check the time.

" 12:01AM // No Notifications "

It's Friday night who cares , I think to myself.

I go back to the table that my friends were sitting at. They were just talking and drinking.

Kayleah orders us 2 bottles of Hennessy and 12 shots of tequila.

She gets up and scowers through the cabinets trying to find salt, then she moves on into the drawers , she pulls out a knife. Once she gets back to our table she grabs a lime and cuts it into multiple pieces. She gives each of us a lime and some salt.

"12 shots of tequila and 2 bottles of Hennessy" yells the "bartender".