time heals wounds.

oh a month? another month comes by but this one is different. laughs, tears, scars, blood, but what made it so special. maybe it's the constant thought everything will not be okay battled with a knight in shining armor. his demeanor is funny. always smiling and laughing, how does he do it? do I put up a fake front too? oh how does he do it with those glimmering teeth and sharp smile? those ocean eyes I drown in, that seaweed of emotions tearing me down and the salt of his words filling up in my eyes and nose, it's like I cannot breathe within your arms as you suffocate me and I transform into this beautiful butterfly that was hidden in a cocoon of emotions. a home of fears and trauma. but you pulled me out of it. and I bursted.

it was a month. a month. you left, you came back, and you stayed. your footprint stayed in the door mat of razors that I haven't touched since I've met you. it was a silly month really, you filled me with thoughts I never knew a human being could experience and oh did you play it so well. the violin of my heart and you plucked the strings so very gently and I gave out musical gifts in exchange. oh how I began to love you.

       I learned to love you like I learned to swim. scared. terrified of drowning. afraid of what's within. but with every step, you and I became closer. the way I fell for you was how I learned to ride a bike. and you tore at my skin when you said goodbye but when I tried again, I could do it. oh and if I'm lying, please help me pretend that this is forever.

happy first month,
yours truly.