baby.

dear baby,
flowers bloomed when you walk. angels sang when you talk. I smile at you in class but you never seem to notice. the way birds chirp your name every morning, every blue eyes carry your oceans, every night shows me your galaxies, and every time somebody mentions 'baby' I can't help but chuckle and imagine you. every curve, every freckle, every strain of hair, every single imperfection is what I yearn for. every single flaw is what I want to hold. your laugh is sweet nostalgia. please take me by the hand and let's adventure out into the fields of the unknown while we do things that couples do. if I could have any other guy in the universe, I would still pick you. but I can't make you love me...
hope you don't regret it. I made you laugh and it was like the stars aligned and the heavens opened up and I realized how much I fucking adore you. I adore how when I'm in darkness you switch the light back on, I adore how gentle you are and I just fucking adore how hard I fell for you. you deserve the universe but I'm just a star. and when I look at you, you make me believe I'm floating above water when all I want is to be under it.
it's Friday and I am in love, in love with a boy who sits in my english class and makes corny jokes about sex. there are seven billion people in this world and your smile is my favorite. please come over for the night and let's dance in the kitchen with the refrigerator light.
I'm a silly little girl for thinking you could fall in love with me. there are no happy endings, endings are always the saddest part, so give me a happy middle and a very happy start.