Chapter 9: Levi's Promises

June soon fell and before I knew it, Levi was going to graduate. One more year for me to go, and I'll be graduating as well. I remember that he wasn't going to go anywhere special, not until I graduate. It breaks my heart when he said that, I want him to do something big and not staying here because of me, but at least I know that he cares for me.

"Hmm... how about this dress?" I asked when Levi and I were at a store. He was waiting for his tuxedo to finish up at the dry cleaners so he decided to come with me to a nearby clothing store. I pulled out a dark blue dress that only had one sleeve and sparkles like crazy.

Levi looks between both the dress and me, I could see that he was carefully deciding. "Hmm... I need to see you wear it first..." He smirks at me and I sighed deeply. He said that to 2 other dresses, I'm getting the feeling that he wants to see is me being cute. 

"Levi, do you just want to see me in the dresses that I pick out?"

When I said that, he tried to hard not to smile. He made that face and replied to me after a few seconds, "Maybe..."

"Ugh, you're the worse..." I say, taking the other dresses that I had and making my way towards the changing room. "I'm gonna try on these dresses then."

"Show them off to me!" He starts to laugh as he walked besides me. I can't say if it's unfortunate or lucky, but Levi wasn't allowed into the women's changing room but was allowed to wait outside.

After a few seconds deciding which dress to wear first, I chose the amber-colored dress. When I put it on, it felt heavy. The amber-colored gems were rough and the dress overall was scratchy. Even though it hurts uncomfortably, I went out to show it off to Levi.

When I walked out and Levi was on his phone, I called out to him, "First one." I say.

He looks up, smiling at me. "Well, from me and honestly, I don't like it. You're slouching, so guessing it's pretty heavy?"

"It is..."

"Then don't try it on if something's wrong with it." He kisses my cheek, "And don't worry about your looks, okay? You're beautiful in every other way."

"Thanks Levi..."

"It's the truth."

I walked back inside my stall and removed the dress. My shoulders were relieved of the pain and that I hope that the next one was going to be great. The next dress was a lime green dress with forest green gems, but then it was too small. It tightened around my waist, so I couldn't wear it. Then, finally, the dark blue dress with one sleeve and blue sparkles. It was silky to the touch and as I put it on, it wasn't too bad. Not too loose and not too tight. The length didn't feel too short, just comfortable enough that I wouldn't feel like someone was looking at me. Perfect...

I walked out towards Levi and I see him talking to Erwin. Erwin had a suit bag over his shoulder, guessing he bought a tuxedo recently. It was no fun, Nanaba was the only other person that wasn't going to graduate this year, after all, she is a junior as well.

"Levi..." I called out to him and he turns my way.

His pupils widened and he covered his mouth, walking towards me. In his eyes, they twinkled stars. "W-wow... you're very beautiful in this one..."

Erwin also walks up next to me, "Yeah, she is. You're lucky to have her. Anyways, that's all I wanted to say to you, Levi. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see ya." Levi takes my hand and turns me around, "Wow... stunning..." After a few pauses of calling me, stunning, beautiful, he finally said, "Buy it."

"Really?" I smiled at him, "You like it?"

"Of course I do. It's gonna make all the girls and guys jealous."