the third month

Hotch's overprotectiveness only increased every day, leading to some arguments between them in the evenings after work. Of course they'd always make up to the other again, since neither of them could stay mad at the other for a long time.

When she opened her eyes that morning, she found herself in bed, her head resting on Hotch's bare chest. His calm breath told her that he was still asleep, so she decided to just stay like this and enjoy the moment.

It was a Sunday morning and they had all gotten the day off, due to long case they had finally ended the day before. They needed a day off a lot more than they would ever admit, but it gave Emily and Aaron at least a day without worrying that their relationship or the pregnancy would slip out. 

Looking down, she found her left hand carefully resting on her belly. The small baby bump was barely visible, more or less due to Aaron's wide shirt she wore, but she could feel it. It amazed her every single time she realized once more that a human-being was living inside of her, her own child; Aaron's and her child. She still couldn't believe that she was actually having a baby with the man she truly loved, even though they had only been together for three months. Neither of them expected it, but they were more than happy.

But it was this one thought that worried both of them constantly; the others. Until then, Emily had been able to hide her belly with wide blouses and Shirts, yet they knew that she had to switch to office duty very soon and they eventually had to tell them. As she let out a sigh at this thought, he stirred and slowly opened his eyes. Raising her head, their eyes met and immediately, this unbreakable smile appeared on their faces. 

"Good morning", he whispered.

"Morning", she smiled and crawled upwards to give him a kiss. 

"How long have you been awake already?"

"Just some minutes", she shrugged and sat up next to him. "Do you want some coffee?"

"Nah, I'll get myself a coffee later, now I just want to stay in bed with my beautiful girlfriend and our child", he smiled and carefully placed one hand on her belly. The smile on Emily's face grew even wider as she watched him, knowing he would be the most awesome father a child could ever ask for, just like he was for Jack. She placed her hand on his and both of them enjoyed each other's touch in that moment.

"We should put you on office duty tomorrow", he then said and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"It's way too early for that!"

"No, it's not", he sighed. "You're three months pregnant and our job is more than dangerous for the baby."

"But I don't want to", she rolled her eyes and looked down.

"I know... It's not just office duty, isn't it?", he then asked, keeping his eyes fixed on her.

"No, it's just...", she didn't continue, she didn't want to admit it.

"You're afraid of the reaction of the team and other agents?"

She just gave him a small nod. With his free hand, Hotch cupped her cheek and made her look at him. "Hey", he said with a soft voice. "Don't worry, it'll be fine. We together are way stronger than some unimportant agents. Okay?"

"What if they talk?"

"Then let them talk", he replied. "Their opinions don't matter. The only thing that matters is that I love you. And I love you more than they all could ever imagine."

"I love you too", she smiled and kissed him softly. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For always finding the right words."

He closed the gap between their lips again, the passion increasing with every single move they made. It didn't take long until she was straddling him and he carefully pulled his shirt over her head. In this moment, he probably didn't need many more words.

_

"Do you think we're going to be good parents?", she bluntly asked while they prepared breakfast.

"The best", he smirked and she smiled for a brief second, but then turned serious again.

"I'm serious, Aaron", she sighed. "We're both barely at home due to our work and I remember how bad you feel sometimes for missing so much of Jack's life and-"

"Em, I have doubts too, concerning our work, I do and I won't deny that. But I know that we will make this work, I promise that we will make this work. It may didn't work out for Haley and me back then, but you and I are the perfect team, we know and understand each other and we will make this work.", he said and put another pancake on her plate. 

"We're a team", she repeated his words, smiling.

"Yea, a pretty good one", he smiled and looked into her eyes. He always got lost in them, in their darkness. They took him in, and he fell in love with only those eyes over and over again, every single time he looked at them.

And they stayed just like that, silent, while having their breakfast. It wasn't an awkward silence, no, it was a comfy and good silence. It gave them peace and calmed them down. Down from all the stress at work, the exhausting cases, their own doubts and thoughts. 

"We have to get ready", he then grinned, exited.

"We do?", she asked and took a look at her watch. "We're supposed to pick up Jack in two hours!"

"Yes, but we need to get the rest of your stuff before we'll pick him up.", he announced.

"The rest of my stuff?", she shot him a confused look.

"Yes", he nodded. "I mean, you basically live here already but I thought we should make you officially move in here before it's too late."

"You want me to move in? Like for real?"

He nodded. "Unless you don't want to, of course..."

"Are you kidding?", she grinned and wrapped her hands around his neck. "I'd love to move in with you."

He grinned as well before placing his lips on hers.

Most couples already live together when they expect a child, but everyone knows; Emily and Aaron are not most couples.