the seventh month

"God, I'm exhausted", Emily groaned as they unlocked the door to their house that night. Hotch led her in, before closing the door behind them again.

"Just lay down on the couch and I will bring you everything you want", he smiled and kissed her cheek softly.

"You're the best", she replied as she watched him putting down their jackets and bags. "But I know that you are tired as well."

"I do not have to carry around a baby all the time, so I guess I'm by far not as tired as you are, babe", he chuckled and wrapped one arm around her waist, walking her to the living room.

"I have to be honest", Emily sighed as she laid down. "I love this journey of a pregnancy, but I really can't wait for him to get out."

Hotch laughed, before he walked to the kitchen to get them some water as well as some snacks. Returning to the living room, he sat everything down on the small table in front of the couch and handed her a blanket. He knew what she needed when she was exhausted, and she was so glad that he actually knew her that well. Nobody else did.

"How's your scar?", she whispered as he took place next to her and she snuggled into his chest.

"Everything's fine", he smiled.

They stayed silent for a few seconds, enjoying each other's company. Their days at work were always filled with so much stress, which made the moments of silence even more worthy. Nevertheless, they loved their jobs. Neither of them would give their career at the BAU up because of stress. Emily had often asked herself whether they were even able to raise a child, but she had quickly learnt from JJ that it certainly was possible, which had calmed her down a bit.

She raised her head and looked at Hotch. His eyes were fixed at their feet, his hand was drawing small circles on her arm while he was lost in thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?", she asked softly, causing him so look at her.

"Nothing", he smiled.

"I know there is something on your mind", she replied.

"I was just wondering", he started. "If you would ever want to expand our little family one day. I know we didn't plan to have a baby yet, but it seems like a good start, doesn't it?"

"Okay", she chuckled.

"What?", he asked nervously.

"With you, I would always want to expand our little family in the future. And as happy as I am to be pregnant, we should definitely watch out a bit in the future. I don't want to be pregnant again as soon as I gave birth, understood?", she grinned.

"Understood", he laughed and kissed her softly.

"I love you", she whispered before closing the gap between their lips again, moving one hand to his neck.

"I love you, too."

_

As Hotch opened his eyes the next morning, he immediately knew that something was wrong. They had overslept. Damn, it was already 9 am!

All his worries were washed away as he discovered his girlfriend sleeping next to him, her soft, dark curls a total mess, wearing his shirt as nightgown. He smiled down at her before pressing a loving kiss to her hair. Carefully, he made his way out of bed, determined not to wake her.

After he had taken a quick shower and put on his usual suit, he made breakfast for Emily. They were already late, so no one would care for how many hours. As he placed the tablet filled with pancakes, orange juice and tea on her bedside table, Emily slowly opened her eyes.

"Morning", she yawned and sat up as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Good Morning", he smiled. "I made you some breakfast."

"You have probably no idea how much we love you for this", she grinned and pointed at the tablet. "Shouldn't we be at work already?" Her eyes shot open in panic.

"I already texted JJ, she knows that we'll come in in the afternoon", he replied. "I hope that's okay."

"Sure", she said and took in the man in front of her. He was so perfect in every single way, even his imperfections were perfect to her. She loved him with all his flaws, they made her love him even more. It hit her like a truck as she realized that she had found the love of her life, without even looking for it. She had never been a person to feel a lot, and he hadn't been neither, yet they had taught each other. Yet, they had made it. He was the first man that had ever been able to break down the wall of ice inside her, a wall she had started to build at a young age to get through this life. And she had been the first one to show him true love after his divorce of Haley, the first one to show him that he was able to love and also deserved to be loved. She had truly no clue where they'd be without each other by now.
Within some months of being in a relationship, her life had gotten so much better, even if she hadn't expected some things - they had all turned out to be a blessing sonehow.

"Marry me", she whispered, and immediately panicked. Had she seriously just said this? Wasn't the guy usually supposed to ask?

"What did you just say?", he asked her, confused like hell.

"I said 'Marry me.'", she repeated, suddenly feeling a tiny bit of confidence shooting through her body. This was what she wanted; him to be her husband, to wear his last name and to never leave his side again.