the fifth month

Emily hated rumors. Hotch did, too, but he was able to handle them way better than his girlfriend. He had to hold her back several times after she had heard new gossip about their relationship, but who could blame her, being controlled by hormones wasn't always easy.

Another thing she hated was office duty. Hell, nothing was as boring as sitting around in the bullpen all day, working through files, while her team was in the field. The only interesting thing was stalking people on the internet with Garcia, but they usually both had work to do.

"Four months to go", she sighed to herself as she sat down with a cup of tea at her desk. One hand resting on her belly, she opened the file in front of her. Smiling to herself as she felt the baby kick, she read through it. Only two days ago, Hotch and her had found out that they were expecting a son, causing Jack to jump in happiness. Emily couldn't wait neither, she was truly excited to meet another 'Hotchner-boy'. 

The team was on their way back from Santa Monica, they had just solved a case. Emily couldn't wait to finally go home with Hotch, having him near here and knowing that he was okay.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Agent Hotchner."

Looking up, she discovered a young woman, an agent from another department. Emily guessed that she was from traffic department. Her identity card said "Cara Wilson".

"He's on a case with his team, but I could relay him that you were here", she replied friendly.

"Oh, I just need him to sign a file, could I leave it here?"

Getting up, Emily took the file from her. "Sure." She furrowed her eyebrows as she read through the title. What had Hotch to do with the traffic department?

Wilson's eyes widened as she discovered Emily's belly.

"Are you Emily Prentiss?", she blurted out.

"What?", Emily shot her a confused look.

"You are Emily Prentiss, aren't you?", she repeated.

"Yes, I am."

"Oh, everyone is talking about you upstairs. Good job with Agent Hotchner", Wilson smirked. "I bet it's giving you huge possibilities for your future!"

"Excuse me?", Emily had come across many rumors, privileges and assumptions towards her relationship with Hotch, but she had never heard those words.

"Well, everyone's saying that you are sleeping with him for - ", she stopped as her eyes met Emily's, filled with so much anger that she probably could have burned down the whole building at once.

"For?", Emily asked, keen to know the answer.

"Um - never mind -"

"For what?!", Emily repeated. 

"The job", the younger Agent whispered and looked down. "And that your pregnancy was an... accident in your mission." It would be the understatement of the year to say that Cara Wilson had only been embarrassed in that moment.

Taking a deep breath, Emily crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Let me tell you something. I am good at my job, I am one of the best agents they have here. I have always been, and I will always be. I have already been before my relationship to Agent Hotchner began. I don't need to sleep with my boss to boost my career, I can work for my own. Don't worry, I already heard many rumors about our relationship and I never thought that I would call myself lucky one day to be an ambassadress' daughter, but right now I am because I know how to handle these situations. You should call yourself lucky, too, other women might have already ran you down by now. Tell your colleagues 'upstairs' that they should rather focus on their work instead of spreading rumors like in high school. If they worked harder, they might would get out of your boring traffic department.", she had spoken calmly, but as she saw Hotch leaving the elevator, she added: "And concerning my relationship to Agent Hotchner, I can only tell you that I have never loved someone as much as I love him. I love him for his personality, his character traits and just the way he is, not for his damn job. He is going to be a great father for our child, which was not an accident in my 'mission ', by the way. And if you haven't anything else useful to say, I'd suggest that you just leave my department."

And without another word, Cara Wilson turned around and left. Emily let a huge sigh and watched her quickly approaching to the elevator.

"Hey!"

She smiled as she heard Hotch's voice coming closer to her. Giving her a quick kiss, he wrapped one arm around her waist as they both leaned against her desk. "How have you two been?"

"We were drowning in boredom", Emily yawned and leaned her head against his shoulder. "How was the case?"

"Eh, didn't end the way I expected it."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Later?"

"Sure", she smiled and kissed his cheek softly.

"Who was that woman at your desk? I have never seen her before", he then asked.

"That was Agent Cara Wilson from the traffic department", Emily hissed. "Who left a file for you to sign."

"Sounds like you really liked hear", he smirked and Emily just rolled her eyes. 

"I just had to explain that I am not sleeping with you for getting higher chances in my career and that our son was not just a simple accident on that mission", she sighed.

"That's what they say?", he furrowed his eyebrows as he opened the file she had handed him.

"Yup."

"Don't listen to them."

"I don't, but I hate it anyways", she sighed.

"I'm sorry.", he whispered.

"For what?"

"For putting you in this place."

"Hey, I decided to get personally involved with you, and I knew that this would happen", she smiled. "But I love you and as long as I have you by my side, I don't care what anyone else says. You are the only person that matters, and well, our baby."

Hotch looked up at her, his eyes meeting hers. "I love you so much."

She smiled and leaned her head against his shoulder again. "What does the traffic department want from you?"

"I drove too quickly and got caught by a speed camera", he sighed and quickly signed the papers.

"You? Driving too quickly?", she smirked. 

"It was when you went after that Unsub alone and Rossi and I were still some roads away", he stated and gave an annoyed look.

"You're never going to forget that, aren't you?", Emily sighed.

"No, I won't", he replied honestly and pressed a soft kiss to her hair. "Wanna go home?"

"Yes", she smiled. "Let's go home."