Labrador Mafia

Today Tyler and I have a double date of sorts with Taylor and Stephen. We are all meeting up at the dog park. I'm bringing Grace, Tyler's bringing Gerry, and they will have Chief with them. It's a perfect day for the dog park. The sun is out but it's not too hot and there's a slight breeze. It's not nearly as humid as it had been. I always love when Grace makes new dog friends but I'm also looking forward to getting to know Taylor better, Stephen too. I'm still trying to get used to this lifestyle, dating a hockey player.

I drove with Grace to Tyler's house, where we are going to pack up the dogs into his G Wagen and go to the dog park from there. Grace stands beside me as we wait for Tyler to come to the door, her tail is wagging with anticipation. Tyler opens the door and Grace jumps up on him, something I am trying to get her to stop doing but I don't think there's any use. She loves him. Tyler knows that I don't like it so he makes sure she calms down before petting her. "You know you're not supposed to be jumping up on people," Tyler coos in his cute puppy voice while he scratches behind her ear. She looks up at him lovingly. He pats her butt a few times before changing his attention to me.

"You. It's only you she jumps up on," I say as we hug.

"Can you blame her?" He laughs.

"Oh right, you're such a stud."

"I am, aren't I?"

"Mmhm." I kiss him. "It's beautiful out today."

"Yeah, we picked a good one."

"Are Marshall and Cash upset we're leaving them behind?"

"Doubt it. They'd rather stay home." Tyler turns around and shouts into the house, "Come on, Gerry, let's go!" I can hear Gerry galloping through the house and he comes barreling through the doorway to join us. Tyler closes the door.

"Hey, puppy!" I squat down to pet him and he jumps in my lap, practically knocking me over. "Geez, Gerry." He gives me kisses all over my face. "I know, I know. I missed you too. Thank you for the kisses."

"Alright, alright, alright, enough. We should get going." Tyler pulls Gerry back and opens the back of the G Wagen for the dogs to jump in. Grace jumps in right away. Tyler has to encourage Gerry a bit more but he finally jumps in. We both get in and head on our way to the dog park.

We beat Stephen and Taylor to the dog park so we let the dogs free and sit down to wait for them. Gerry and Grace run off to play. Tyler puts his arm around my back and I scooch closer to him. He leans in to kiss me but the brim of his hat hits me in the forehead. "Smooth, Ty, real smoth," I tease.

"Sorry." He kisses my forehead. He takes his hat off and puts it backwards on my head. He looks down at my lips and smiles while slowly leaning in to kiss me. He pulls away with a smirk on his face. "Better?"

"Ok, that was really was smooth." Tyler takes the hat off of my head and puts it back on his.

"Look at Romeo over here." We look up to see Stephen and Taylor standing over us. Stephen chirping Tyler as usual. Tyler blushes and looks down before putting his hand on my knee and smiling at me. I smile back.

"Chief is lollygagging as usual," Taylor says as she points behind them. Chief is taking his sweet time walking over to us but finally makes it. "Chief, this is Amy and you know Tyler already."

Chief leans up against my legs and I pet him along his body. "It's so nice to meet you, Chief."

"Looks like the calvary is coming," Stephen says as Grace and Gerry make their way over to us.

Grace walks up to Chief and starts sniffing him. Gerry interrupts by walking in between them.

"Someone's jealous," I note.