Chapter One

Log 26. August 14th, 2017.
      I discovered yet another haunted location. It's a little ways away, but I'm sure I'll be able to get there to investigate. I unfortunately cannot go until the 18th due to rather bothersome circumstances. This location was a house where hundreds of sacrificial rituals took place. Many people have died on the property, maybe I'll get lucky this time.

I closed my book and sighed. If only I could leave tonight. "Juniper, time to get ready!" I heard my mother call from the stairs. I got out of my chair and sauntered up the stairs unamused. "Do I really have to go? No one ever pays any attention to me," I whined.
"It's your aunt Carmen's birthday, you have to go," My mom spoke quick as she yanked her beige purse off the couch as if it was glued there. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my black Converses. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my headphones. I made sure I had my phone and I walked out of the house.

We pulled up the drive way of the dreaded house that my aunt lives in. My cousins never listen to me, let alone know I exist. I walked up the creaky, wooden porch steps behind my mom. My mom knocked on the door softly then let herself in. "We're here!" She hollered as she walked in. I walked in behind her and looked around. Strange, this house seems different.
"Martha! It's so good to see you again," Aunt Carmen smiled and hugged my mom tightly. She soon after looked down at me and her smile ever-so-slightly faded. "And Juniper. Look it how....big you've grown, " She has no idea what she's talking about.
"Uh, thanks," I said awkwardly. Aunt Carmen nodded her head and looked at my mom, "Let's go into the kitchen and talk, okay?" She put her hand on my moms back and they both walked into the kitchen. I sighed and walked into the living room and sat on the brown love seat. I put my headphones over my ears and put my playlist on shuffle. I started digging into the location I'm going to be heading to. I want to know everything about the place. What kind of rituals we're taken place? What kind of people we're taken for said rituals? Did the people willingly sacrifice themselves? I wrote all my questions down in my phone so I could look into them further. A set of legs in ice blue jeans caught my eye. I looked up and saw the beast with platinum blonde hair in a perfect high point tail. I pulled my headphones off and looked at her annoyed. "What do you want, Tracey?" I said.
"I want to know what the he'll you're doing in my house," She growled.
"I didn't think a brat like you could get a house like this. So, who's the rich man how like a girl with her head up her ass?" I smirked and waited for what she had to say back. She stomped her feet on the floor, smashed her hands onto the sides of her hips, and let out a tantrum growl before walking away. I shook my head and smiled to myself. She never aged past 5. I got up and walked towards the kitchen. "You know, you're girl is troubled. There's something wrong with her." I heard my aunt say. I stood behind a wall beside the entrance.
"She's 16 and has a lot of perks. What do you want me to do?"
"Have you thought of kicking her out of your house?"
"I can't do that!  She's my daughter!"
"What kind of a daughter is that! She's a rebel. What kind of girl willingly goes to dirty, abandoned building on the hunt for something that doesn't exist? She's psychotic! I bet you she has delusions and you fall for them," My aunt argued. My heart sank and I felt rejected. I know I'm different, but I didn't know it was that bad.
"That is my daughter you're talking about. How dare you call my daughter delusional and psychotic. She's different and that's what I love most about her! She is carefree, kind, and the best thing to ever happen to me. You're daughter has the problems cause you spoiled her. She acts like a four-year-old in public and you allow it to happen!" My mom yelled back. She was borderline screaming. I have never heard my mom yell like that, ever. She's normally so calm, laid-back, and gentle. "I think it was a bad idea coming here. Until you learn to respect my daughter and I, I don't think you should talk to us. Don't visit, don't call, and don't message. Stay out of the way."
I can't believe what I just heard. I couldn't be more than happy. I saw my mom walk out of the kitchen and grab my arm. "What's going on, mom?" I asked as if I didn't hear what just happened.
"We're going home and not coming back here again. You we're right," my mom said. She walked me out of the door and I got into the car quickly. We pulled out of the driveway and left as fast as possible.