Chapter Six

I cleared my throat and looked down. I feel so awkward now. What do I do? Wat do I say? "It's okay, Damien," I spoke softly. Did all of that really just happen?

"God dammit Damien," A sharp voice shattered the silence. In a few quick motions, Damien was thrown across the room and I as held off the ground by my neck. My hands griped the person's wrists as I struggled to break free. "Jack! Let her go!" Damien yelled. Jack's hands got tighter and tighter until I could no longer breathe. I was gasping for air ad Damien tried to pull Jack off of me. "Jack, stop! You're killing her!" Damien cried. My vision slowly spotted and my body subtly grew limp in Jack's arms. "Why should I care? She is a major threat! We never keep threats alive," Jack growled while staring into my eyes. Everything went black and silent. 

I slowly sauntered through the thick, lush forest that was only lit by moonlight. I looked around my surrounding area and noticed I was completely alone. Not another soul was in this forest with me. No birds, no bugs, no wildlife. It was too quiet for a night and place like this. My heart began to race as I ran short of breath. Why am I here? No, better question, how did I get here? I looked down and saw I was not in the same clothing as before. A pure white, elegant gown covered my small body. My hair was curled neatly, but messily. It looks as if I am a bride, but to whom? A large twig snapped close by that made me jump. I'm not as alone as I thought. I picked up the bottom of my dress and began to run away from the direction of the sound. I quickly glanced behind myself to see if I could catch a glimpse of  who was there. To no avail, there was no one around. I kept running. I have no clue where I'm going, but maybe, just maybe, I'll find a way out of here. I looked closely in the distance and saw a tall, pure black figure standing there. I stopped dead in my tracks. I couldn't take my eyes off the figure. It was as if I recognized it. A loud screech echoed  though my head and I covered my ears. I dropped onto my knees as it got louder and louder.

"Juniper........Juniper!" A voice became clear as day. My eyes shot open and I gasped loudly. I sat up quickly and looked around. A set of arms grabbed my shoulders and I looked at the person right in front of me. "Juniper, it's okay. Just breathe," His calming voice washed over me as I took long, deep breaths. My heart slowed down and normalized. I took quick notice of the face. Bloodied, bruised, and filled with cuts. Under all those cuts and all the blood, I saw the hazel eyes. It was Damien. "What happened," I whispered and rose my hand slowly towards his face.

"It's nothing. Are you okay?" He asked me in a worried tone. I looked down at myself and paid close attention. 

"I think so," I looked back up at Damien.

"Let me help you up," Damien grabbed my arms and brought me to my feet. My legs were still weak as I tried my best to stand.