Chapter Eleven

I sat in the corner of my bedroom. My eyes puffy and red from the countless hours I've spend crying. My room is pitch black, curtains closed; the world is shut out. I found a new comfort in the darkness, considering I use to be more afraid of it than death. I didn't leave my room for anything or anyone, but that was about to change. The bedroom door opened and light finally spilled in. I hid my face from like light as if I would catch fire. "Juniper, we're all worried about you. You've been locked up here since your mother's funeral. You need to get something to eat or drink," Dad said worryingly.
"How long has it been?"
"Three days. It's been three days since I've last seen you. I'm worried about you."
"I just want to be left alone," I turned my back to dad and stayed in my corner.
"Could I at least bring you some food and something to drink? Maybe you could open the curtains?" Dad suggested. I let out a sigh and looked at him. He looked utterly shock at my appearance. Do I really look that bad? What could three days possibly do to a person?

Dad cautiously walked across the room towards my curtains and ripped them open. I blocked my eyes from the sunlight and tried to let my eyes readjust. Dad quickly scattered out of my room and closed the door. What was that about? I stayed in my corner and I didn't want to move. I should, but I don't want to.

The door opened slowly and a head popped in. "Juniper, are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice echo. I looked up and saw Damien. He cautiously approached me as if I was a cornered animal. "Can you please come down to eat something? I'm really worried about you," Damien asked worried. I ignored his plea and turned my back to him. He sighed defeatedly, "I'll be right back."

I didn't move an inch. I just want to disappear. I felt like my heart was done beating; it wants to stop. My thoughts were interrupted when the door slowly creaked open. Damien poked his head in and smiled at me. He fully walked into the room, holding a glass of water. "You're going to drink this. I won't leave until that glass is empty," he said and placed the glass of water down beside me. I looked into his eyes and that's when I really felt it. That deep, unconditional connection. A force beyond human power drawing me to him. I can confirm, I have fallen in love with a demon.
I looked down at the glass then back up at Damien. I tried to hide my smile as I denied his offer. "Well, I won't leave this room until you've polished that drink off," he commented and shrugged his shoulders.
"What if I don't want you to leave?" My heart began to race as he stared at me..
"In that case, I will leave if you don't drink it," he smirked at me. I picked up the glass and chucked it as quickly as I could.
Damien smiled, "I guess I'm staying here then." I smiled back.

As the days pasted, I finally got some strength back. Damien still had to help me walk down the stairs when my dad wasn't around. I started to take note of how my dad slowly stopped being at home. He would go to work, come home for a couple hours, and leave until the wee hours of the morning. It was very off, since he usually hates being away from home. At least I have Damien keeping me company.
"He's not here again, huh?" Damien asked.
"Nope. He's been gone since 9 last night," I replied.
Damien sighed and shoot his head, "Where would you be without me?" I chuckled at his remark and I shrugged my shoulders. Our conversation was cut off by a knock at the front door. I slowly shuffled towards the door and opened it a crack. I smiled when I recognized the face on the other side. "Hey Ace, c'mon in," I said as I stepped back and opened the door.
"Thank you," He said emotionless. What crawled up his ass? I quickly noticed Hunter and Jack walked through the door. "Damien, I need to speck with you privately," Ace announced.
"I'm watching over Juni, right now. Can't it wait?"
"No, we need to talk now. Jack can watch her for a few minutes." I looked at Ace with a nasty snarl. I do not want to be in the same room alone with that psychopath. I looked at Jack and he has the same look as me.
Jack faced me and rolled his eyes, "Come on, let's just sit in here until their done," Jack gestured towards the living room. I sighed and slowly made my way into the living room and Jack followed. I plopped onto the couch and let it absorb me. Jack started to look at the family pictures above the beige stone fireplace. He picked up a picture and looked at me then back at the picture. "That doesn't look like you," he commented. I ripped myself of the couched and went to look at the picture. I took it from Jack and peered at it with disgust, "That's because it's not me, dimwit." I placed the picture back on the shelf harshly and walked away. "Well I'm sorry, I'm not fucking psychic. Who are they and why do you hate them so much?"
"That's my aunt, uncle, and bratty cousin. I hate them because...." I paused. Do I dare tell him? "It's none of your business what happened. Why are you suddenly showing compassion?"
"That's also none of your business." Looks like we're on the same page for once. Jack and I sat in silence until Ace, Hunter, and Damien walked into the living room.