6 ~ New Neighbor // Part One

Patrick's POV:

I was angry.

Angry that Pete had to move and some stupid family was gonna move in next to me.

I wouldn't be able to just trot over to Pete's place and play video games or talk to him endlessly about music.

Truth was, I had a small crush on Pete. Nothing too big.

I'm gonna miss cuddling him during late hours and throwing shit at his window to wake him for school.

This was going to absolutely suck!

I was watching the last moving truck stop in front of Pete's blue house.

Tears were already making their way down my face as I called my best friend.

"Pete, they're moving in. I can't take it." I sobbed into the phone, using my shirt to dry my tears.

"Dude, it'll be okay. We still will go to the same school. I know it won't be the same when you're not waking me up or anything. But atleast we're not completely apart." He chuckled.

I giggled, listening to his stupid laugh.

"I guess."

I heard my mom calling me down for dinner.

"Listen, I think we're having dinner with the new people. I got to go. I love you. Goodbye Pete."

I quickly hung up before Pete told me goodbye. It would only make me feel worse.

I walked downstairs and was greeted by a boring looking family.

I had to introduce myself and all that jazz.

It was stupid.

We sat down at the table and my mom started conversing with the new people.

"Don't you guys have a daughter?" My mom asked, grabbing the salt that was next to her.

"Oh yeah. Y/N's just a bit upset right now because of us moving. She was very attached to our old home." The lady, who I assumed was her mother, said.

"Well, why don't you take a plate over to her Patrick?"

My attention was brought back when my mom said my name.

"Huh?" I quickly snapped my head up.

"It's really okay Mrs. Stump." The lady said.

"No worries. Patrick won't mind."

"Yeah, uh."

I awkwardly stood up and grabbed a plate filling it with food.

I slipped on my shoes and went out the door.

I saw the house and my heart hurt.

Really bad.

I walked up to the doorstep and let myself in, remembering soon after I was not allowed to just let myself in anymore.

But I did anyway. I instantly regretted the decision to bring these people's stupid daughter food.

This wasn't Pete's house anymore. It was empty and cold and didn't feel like a second home.

I walked throughout the house, feeling tears pricking at my eyes.

I strolled into the kitchen.

"Who the fuck are you!?" I heard a girl scream.

She was sitting on the counter with a root beer in her hand.

I set the plate down next to her.