seven; stick in the toolbox

After the interaction between Corina and Billy, Mary had gone out into the car-park, searching for her boyfriends car

       After the interaction between Corina and Billy, Mary had gone out into the car-park, searching for her boyfriends car. But just like all morning, it wasn't there. Meaning he hadn't shown up for school and Mary found herself growing worried. But she were sure if anything had happened Gillian would have been in touch with her one way or another.

      And so, she sat inside her own car for a while during lunch, smoking and calming down before she returned to the hellhole some called school — which she dreaded.

      And she had every right to dread it, because during her last class when she was trying to leave school like she always did at 2:45 on a Tuesday, Mr Davidson decided to stop her in the hall and take her into his classroom; inches from the exit.

     "But Mr Davidson, I swear I am trying super hard. I've been going over the textbooks every night and I —"

      Mary's chemistry teacher held his slender hand up, silencing her next words and she pursed her lips together, "Miss Hopper, I understand that you're trying but frankly it's not enough to pass my class — maybe you should invest in a touter, Nancy Wheeler maybe?" Mary's lips opened and closed, trying to find words.

       "I don't need a tutor, I'll get the hang of it I promise — and Nancy is in the year below me, I'm a senior. I'll look like a complete idiot if I take on a younger tutor." She argued, gesturing with her hands; Mary might not have wanted to be the Queen of Hawkins anymore, but she'd be damned if she took on a younger tutor and let the whole school think she was stupid.

      Mr Davidson sighed deeply, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "Miss Hopper, I hope you understand that you need to get higher than a C in order to pass my class. If not, I may have to have a word with your father about having you in extra circular classes." Mary stared at him, her jaw falling loose before she threw her hand up.

       "You can't do that! I'm already busy with helping out with my dad down at the station, I don't have time for clubs —"

        "Mary —"

       "With all due respect, sir. I don't see how chemistry is all that important to what I want to do with my life. I want to be a cop, not a chemistry teacher. Quite frankly this whole thing is bullshit —"

        "Miss Hopper!"

       Mary wasn't done, her face was practically turning red from frustration, "Call my father all you want, Mr Davidson. But passing chemistry won't get me very far in real life, so thank you for the advice, but I don't really need it." With that, Mary grabbed her books and began storming out of the classroom but Mr Davidson followed her into the crowed hallways.

       "That's detention! Detention for you all week, Miss Hopper!" He yelled after her as she stormed away with a scowl, her long legs taking her at a fast pace.