Chapter 32

Ch. 32

-Juliet's POV-

~

I got out of the elevator and ran to the front desk. "Can I help you?" A woman looked up at me from behind the desk. "Yes! My boyfriend, Hunter, he's getting released today." I couldn't help but smile. "Last name?"

"Hayes. Hunter Hayes."

"Hayes...." She muttered as she clicked her mouse and looked at her computer screen. "Ah, yes, he's scheduled to go home at 1:00."

"Can I see him?"

"I'm sorry, it says right here that he's with Dr. Smith right now, he's getting his final checkup before he is released." She picked up a few files from on top of the desk and went down a hallway which had a sign labeled 'EMPLOYEES ONLY'.

Might as well get a cup of crappy coffee while I wait...

•••>

I sat down in the waiting room, with a cup of coffee in one hand and my phone in the other. I went to my messages and saw my brother had texted me. "Hey Juliet what's going on?"

I texted him back saying "I'm at the hospital right now, Hunter's getting released today."

A minute later I heard my phone go off:

"Hunter? Is he your boyfriend? ;)"

"Maybe!! Why do you care?"

"Cause you're my little sister! Want me to come down to the hospital?"

"You can if you want, it doesn't really matter."

"Ok well I'll be there in 20 minutes. See ya soon."

"Ok, see ya."

•••>

I heard my phone ring. I took it out of my pocket and saw it was Tim. I answered the call "Hello?"

"Hey, I'm at the hospital. What floor are you on?"

"Fourth."

"Ok, I'll be right there."

He hung up the phone before I could say bye. Just a few minutes later, I saw Tim wandering around, looking for the waiting room. I got up and opened the door "Tim, over here!"

He turned around and began to walk my way. "Hey, Juliet."

"Hey."

"So, where's this guy, uh..Hunter?"

"Last I checked he's with some doctor."

"Ah. Do you know when he'll be done?"

"They said around 1:00. What time is it now?"

He pulled out his phone and checked the time "12:26"

"Oh, they should be done soon then. Want done coffee?"

"Nah, I'm good. So.....how serious is it with this Hunter guy?"

"We've only been dating for a few weeks, don't worry. He's a really great guy, you'll love him!"

"Yeah, well, that's for me to decide."

"Oh, relax, Tim. If you don't like him, that doesn't mean I can't date him, ok?"

"We'll see about that!" He laughed and softly punched my arm.

"Ow!"

"That hurt? I barely touched you!" He laughed again, and so did I.

"Haha I know, I'm just messing around with you!"

"Ha! Well, c'mon, we've got some catching up to do..." Tim and I took a seat as we began to talk about what's happened in the past few years...

•••>

"Haha! No way that actually happened!!"

"It did!! It was hilarious though!" It feels so good to be with my brother again, I haven't seen him in so long.

"I've missed you, Tim."

"I've missed you too. It hasn't been as much fun without you around...I haven't had anyone to mess with!"

"Ha! I don't think that's gonna happen any more!" I heard the alarm on my phone go off, I looked at the time. 1:00. "Hey, Hunter's supposed to be getting out now. I'm gonna go see if he's ready." I stood up and began to walk towards the front desk.

"I'll go with you." Tim quickly followed behind me.

"Excuse me--" I was just about to ask the woman at the front desk when Hunter would be out, when I saw him being wheeled this way in a wheelchair by a doctor. "Hunter!!"