Chapter 15: I'm Gone

Amelia woke up to a snoring James with his back to her. She reached for her phone and looked at the time, 9:40pm. She sat up and stretched her arms, she had more unpacking to do. She stood up and left James to his nap. She looked at a pile of boxes that were already unpacked, confused as to where her other boxes were she went out to find Brett. He sat on the living room couch watching the late night news.

   "Hey Amelia." He noticed her in the reflection of the TV screen, "What's up?"

   "Just a bit confused." Amelia shook her head, "Did James bring more of my boxes from the old house?"

   "No something happened that-" Brett and Amelia's conversation was interrupted by knocking on the door,  "Wait in the hallway I'll get that."

   "Right." Amelia did as told, in came Trevor with tissue stuffed up his right nostril and a swelled eye. Amelia's jaw dropped. She didn't expect such a sight. If this was how he ended up what happened to James.

   "What's up?" Brett asked trying to cover most of the doorway,

   "I got fucked up what do you think happened?" Trevor sighed, "Have you seen Amelia?"

   "No man, I thought her and James went on a date or something." Brett said,

   "Where is she moving to?" Trevor asked with a trembling voice,

   "She's moving?" Brett asked sounding concerned,

   "Apparently. I bet she's moving in with James." Trevor said through grinding teeth,

   "They've been together for like a month, they wouldn't rush something like that." Brett said trying to clear his thoughts,

   "You're right, if you see her tell her to text me." Trevor said,

   "Alright." Brett looked down,

     Trevor looked down and pushed past Brett.

   "Amelia! Where are you! I know you're here!" Trevor shouted,

     James pulled Amelia back into her bedroom and locked the door behind them. She hugged him tight and hid her face into his chest.

   "What's going on with him..." Amelia cried quietly,

  "I don't know baby..." James wrapped his arms around her, "I'll protect you."

   "Okay..."

~Trevor's POV~

     I can feel her in the room, I know she's here or that she was. He looked in every room but one which was locked, he didn't bother looking in. Brett pulled him by the collar and dragged him out of the house.

  "Get the fuck out of my house! You're fired Trevor don't return to Cow Chop!" Brett shouted before slamming the door, "You better fucking leave before I fuck you up or I call the cops."

Trevor stumbled up and walked back to the street.

  "When she comes home she'll see what happens."

~Amelia's POV~

   Brett knocked on the door stating his name. James let him in and Brett sighed.

  "He left."

  "I'm sorry you're in the middle of this Brett..." Amelia frowned, "You too James..."

  "Baby I'm in this for you." James kissed her forehead,

  "I'm here for you too." Brett pat her shoulder, "We need to call the police on him, he's as of now fired from Cow Chop."

"You're right but I don't want to get him it trouble." Amelia frowned, "I think I need to leave LA..."

  "At this point I'm starting to think so too..." James sighed, "I'd have to pack everything at my place too."

  "You'd come with me?" Amelia frowned,

  "Yeah." James smiled,

  "You two need to figure something out..." Brett added,

     Amelia frowned and started putting things back into suitcases. James watched as she did so sadly. Amelia's phone dinged and her and James looked at each other concerned.

   "Is that who I think it is?" James asked, Amelia reached for her phone and nodded, "What does it say?"

   "We need to talk in person, I wanna say goodbye." Amelia frowned,

   "Where is he going?" James asked,

   "Well he was just fired, maybe he's going back home?" Amelia shrugged, "What should I say?"

     Amelia's phone pinged again.

Trevor:
I want to give you my last gift before I leave LA...
And too say goodbye and to apologize

     Amelia read this to James and he shrugged, "Do you want to?" James asked, Amelia nodded, "If you do I'm going with you."

   "Okay." Amelia smiled slightly,

     Amelia:
Okay tomorrow alright?

Trevor:
Alright, my flight is leaving tomorrow at 10am let's meet at the airport...
I have 30mins before I board...

Amelia:
Okay see you at 9:30...

~🐄🔪~

     The next day James and Amelia stood waiting at gate 8 where Trevor had directed earlier in the morning. Amelia was anxious that another fight would break out but by the damage James did she was sure she was safe of one did. Trevor walked up to Amelia watching James tower behind her. He wore a casual dad shirt with bananas crowded all around it and under it a white v neck, he wore black jeans, black shoes, and black sunglasses that hid his bruised eye and a cut.

   "Amelia...I know you heard this from me before and things didn't go well but I'm so so so so sorry... I didn't mean for any of this to happen... I know I left and came back but this time I'll be gone forever, Brett fired me so you don't have to worry about me showing up at work, you too James... But Amelia I really truly am sorry... I want you to have this." Trevor reached into his pocket and pulled out a little green bag shaped like a little grass clump with a smiley face, "I know you like Sanrio and San X so I got you the little grass guy the cat from Sumikko Gurashi carries, I remembered you have a stuffed animal of that cat so...yeah...there's nothing in it but the wrapping paper to make it look filled."

   "Thank you Trevor..." Amelia smiled slightly, "And I forgive you."

   "Can I get a goodbye hug?" Trevor asked,

   "No." James said bluntly,

   "James..." Amelia looked back at him, "It's okay."

     James looked at her and then to him and nodded his head. Amelia hugged Trevor.

   "You don't have to be here to watch me leave, this is all I wanted before I left..." Trevor said as he released her, "Thank you James, and thank you Amelia."

   "Let's go babe." James held out his hand to grab hers, she grabbed his hand and followed him out of the airport. Trevor was finally gone.