Chapter 17: Visit

The memory of the police, fire department, and ambulance appeared within the next two minutes throughout Trevor's memory. She laid in the car barely clinging to life as she laid against the air bag, what had he done... The firemen quickly cut the driver door open and pulled Amelia's limp body out. He watched with tears running down his cheek onto his shirt from the bushes as they pulled her limp body out onto the stretcher. With a spring to life Amelia suddenly started screaming from the pain causing Trevor to cry even more. He caused that pain to the love of his life. They loaded Amelia into the ambulance and quickly treated her as they fled the scene. Trevor was relieved and thankful she wasn't dead yet sad he still caused a great amount of pain to her.

~🐄 🔪 ~

     James and Lindsey ran into the hospital waiting room. They went straight to the receptionist and asked for Amelia's room number. The receptionist was hesitant but allowed them to see her. They arrived at her room but were too nervous to go in. James looked at Lindsey signaling her to go in first, she nodded and did so. The room was dimly lit causing a shadow on Amelia's left side of her body. Lindsey could see bandages on Amelia's face, a cast on her right leg. She was asleep and breathing heavily.

   "Come in James." Lindsey whispered, "She's asleep."

     James entered the room, he looked over at his bed ridden girlfriend and started tearing up again. He can only imagine the pain she was going through.

   "How did this happen..." James said look down at her,

   "She was found in a totaled vehicle." the nurse said as she walked in, "She'll be okay. She just needs to rest for a while."

  "How long is a while?" Lindsey asked as James sat next to Amelia,

  "A month and a half, she'll be able to go home within the next week. She will need help though." The nurse said,

  "I'll take care of her." James said, "She'll move in with me."

   The nurse exited the room after checking up on Amelia and telling the two about what happened and how she'll need to be when she leaves. Amelia, who had awoken during the time the nurse checked up on her, sat in bed quietly as James sat next to her bed in a chair trying to get her to talk to him to make sure she was okay. She avoided eye contact and didn't want to speak with him, she felt terrible about wrecking his car, she felt worse for making worried.

  "Baby please talk to me." James asked as he grabbed her hand, "What's wrong?"

  "Don't push her." Lindsey frowned, "Let her do it on her own."

  "I'm just worried..." James sighed, "I'm gonna ask if I could stay with her. You should get going it's getting late."

  "Are you sure?" Lindsey asked,

  "Yeah, I'll get an Uber if they say no." James smiled slightly, "I'll text you if something happens."

  "Alright, goodnight then. Feel better Amelia." Lindsey flashed a quick smile at Amelia, she nodded, "Alright guys, see you tomorrow."

   James and Amelia watched as Lindsey left. James looked back at Amelia and kissed her forehead. She smiled slightly but still felt bad for everything.

  "You can talk when you want, I'm here to listen. I was worried about you babe I at least should hear something, anything. Even your voice, I don't need an explanation or apology." James hugged her,

  "I-I'm sorry..." Amelia said weakly as she hugged him back,

  "That's my girl, but don't worry about anything okay." James kissed her lips, "How you feeling?"

  "Better now you're here." Amelia smiled, "But...terrible..."

  "Babe, what happened? Do you even remember?" James asked holding her hand,

  "I was rear ended, the car swerved, and I crashed into a light pole then blacked out..." Amelia looked down, "I was driving through the neighborhoods with no other cars and the car that crashed against me appeared out of no where when it happened...I remember screaming in pain in the ambulance then passing out. Nothing else besides waking up here."

  "At least you're okay." James smiled,

  "I'm sorry I messed up your car..." Amelia frowned,

  "Babe as long as you're okay that's all I care about, I was worried about you more then I was the car. I'm gonna take care of it." James pat her head,

  "Could I have died..?" Amelia frowned as her eyes started to water,

  "No, the nurse said luckily you weren't going fast enough to get seriously injured." James wiped a stray tear off her cheek,

  "Oh..." Amelia sighed, "Thank goodness..."

  "You just need a while for your leg and scrapes to heal." James smiled, "Since I'm your boyfriend you'll be moving in with me so I can take care of you."

  "James I-"

  "Doctors orders. They said someone needs to take care of you. As your boyfriend I decided to do it. Aleks and Brett are going to get your things from his place and over to mine." James kissed her cheek,

  "B-But-" Amelia was interrupted by the nurse entering the room again,

  "Sir visiting hours are over." The nurse said,

"I can't stay the night?" James asked,

  "No sir, we only allow family members." She frowned, "I'm sorry."

  "No no it's okay I'm just worried about my girl." James looked down innocently,

  "Look, I will allow it because I was in the same situation and my nurse let it happen but no extra stuff alright." the nurse smiled,

  "Thank you." James smiled brightly as she left,

  "James..." Amelia looked at him worriedly, "Go home, I rather you sleep there then here... "

  "Are you sure..?" James frowned,

  "Please babe, those chairs are extremely uncomfortable, I have no room on this bed, please baby..." Amelia begged,

  "Amelia..." James frowned, "It's okay, I will do this for you. I was worried about you..."

Amelia frowned as James adjusted himself in the chair, she felt guilty he worried so much about her.

  "Okay, stay." Amelia gave in, she smiled, "l need some company anyway."

  "I knew it." James smiled holding her hand, "I wasn't going to sleep right knowing you're here alone."

  "I'm sorry hun." She kissed his lips then adjusted herself in bed, "I didn't want you to see me like this... That's why i wanted you to go."

  "I don't care what you look like, I'm here for you and I will do it again." James smiled, "You're safe now Ame."

  "Get some sleep okay." Amelia smiled, "Goodnight James."

  "Goodnight Ame."