Chapter 18: Back Home

A week had passed and Amelia was being released from the hospital. A nurse wheeled Amelia out of her room as James followed behind them. The nurse was giving both Amelia and James reminders of how to take care of the cast, what Amelia should wear during the time her leg was healing, and what she should and shouldn't do while bathing or showering.

   "My car is the black one there." James said speeding in front to open the door for Amelia,

   "He seems extremely jumpy if you ask me." the nurse whispered to Amelia,

   "He's just worried." Amelia smiled,

   "Is the car too low for her to get in and out of?" James asked,

   "No no she's going to be okay." the nurse smiled, "Just keep an eye out for her."

   "Of course." James smiled,

   "Off we go Miss-" the nurse was interrupted,

   "I'll help her!" James jumped and picked up Amelia bridal style,

   "James I can walk!" Amelia shouted in shock,

   "Can't be too careful." James smiled,

   "Alright Miss, you have a good week and be careful." the nurse said turning around with the wheelchair,

   "You too, thank you!" Amelia smiled and waved,

   "You as well Sir."

   "Thank you!" James smiled excitedly as he closed the passenger side door and making his way to the driver side, he stopped as he was about to start the car and looked at Amelia, "Everyone misses you at work, I'm happy you're home too."

   "Me too." Amelia kissed his lips, "Let's go see the others."

~🐄🔪~

     The drive from the hospital to the warehouse took longer than expected, there was traffic all the way through. Amelia sang quietly to songs on the radio as James sat slightly frustrated at the irritatingly packed traffic. He had to remain calm for Amelia's sake though she's seen him get frustrated with Trevor many times, he still believed he had to impress her some way or another. James glanced over at her witnessing the orange sunlight hitting her deep brown hair causing it to turn an orange red from his view, her pale skin looked slightly tanned, and her features were greatly defined. Her nose was circular and small, the side of her face was slightly indented from her cheek bone and her jaw, her cheeks were high and not as pink as he remembered many times before, her lips were dry but maintained their reddish color, and her eyes burned ash brown. This was beautiful to James. In this moment in the car alone with her made him realize a lot.

  "Amelia..." James starred at her in awe, she raised an eyebrow and looked back at him, "I love you."

  Amelia's eyes widened in surprise and her lips tightened, her cheeks started to catch on fire, "Y-You said the L word J-James."

  "I know what I said Ame." James chuckled at her embarrassment,

  "Y-" she looked down at the dashboard hiding her red face, "You l-love me?"

  "Yes." James smiled holding her hand,

  "I-I l-love y-you too J-James." Amelia's lips grew into a large smile, she turned to him and kissed his cheek, "I, I love you too!"

  Amelia's smile was unbearable, she felt giddy with butterflies flying throughout her entire body. Every few minutes she giggled in excitement, this made James happy. Amelia felt like how she did when she first saw him in person. It was a good day for once in a long time.

~🐄🔪~

  Amelia and James made it to the office an hour later. They entered the warehouse and were greeted in the lobby with a welcome home banner, balloons, cake, ice cream, and food as well as adult beverages. Amelia was in awe as everyone shouted surprise, she covered her mouth from the amazement almost losing her crutches.

   "You guys!" Amelia's eyes started to tear up, "I love you!"

   "We missed you Am, it was lonely without you." Brett smiled,

   "Yeah I missed having another girl around." Aleks said waving his drink around,

   "We needed some stability." Asher chuckled,

   "Am I missed you most." Jakob approached her pulling her into a hug picking her up,

   "Jakob are you drunk?" Amelia laughed,

   "Maybe, hey Asher was I supposed to be the dd?" Jakob asked turning himself and Amelia to Asher's direction,

   "We're ubering now." Asher said after taking a shot,

   "Don't worry, I'm not drinking tonight." James smiled,

   "I missed you guys."

   "We missed you two." Lindsey smiled,

     The night was full of laughter, gaming, cake, alcohol, food, and ice cream with the group, Amelia was happy to be back home and relaxing with the people she loved. She still had a concern she hid in the back of her mind, what happened that day, why did it happen, and who did it. Was it an actual accident, was it attempted murder? She didn't know and in all actually was happy not knowing though the police were sure to alert her when they investigate further. Amelia glanced over at the very focused James staring at the TV, she started to create a situation where what if it was him instead of her...