A Second Chance

"Should we wake her up?" came Colette's voice, "I don't think she's been out of bed since two days ago."

"Well I don't want to wake her, she'll just be grumpy if I do," said Adeline.

"I can hear you," Rose groaned, rolling over in her bed to face her sisters.

"Oh my word," gasped Colette. Rose didn't even want to think about what she looked like, but her sisters saw her tear stained cheeks and messy hair. Since the heartbreaking call with James, she hadn't been able to do anything besides lay in her bed. 

"That's it, it's time for you to get up and get dressed, Rose," Adeline told her, tugging on her arm.

"What's the point," Rose groaned, thinking again of James. 

"Just trust me," Adeline said, giving Colette a little smirk. Rose gave in, letting them whisk her away to her golden vanity, where her unpacked bags of beauty products. Adeline began to brush out her elder sister's chestnut hair and twist it into a braided undo. Colette accentuated her sister's already beautiful face with natural makeup. 

Even just being all made up made the princess feel significantly better than before. Colette and Adeline gushed over Rose's closet and all of the beautiful dresses that hadn't been worn for years. They settled on a belted calf length dress in a beautiful soft pink color. As Rose slipped on nude high heels, Adeline checked her phone, then gave Colette an urgent look.

"What's wrong?" Rose asked. 

"Nothing," she replied quickly, "But let's go on a walk, Rose.

...

"What's going on?" Rose asked. Her sisters had led Rose out the front door of the palace, where they had pushed her over to the top of the stairs while they waited in the doorway.

"Rose!" called a voice. Rose turned quickly to look behind her, not daring to believe whose voice she had heard.

"James?" she asked, staring at her handsome fiance standing just at the foot of the stairs. Rose leaped down the stairs into his arms. He held her close. Though it had only been about a week since they had last seen each other, it felt like a lifetime after their argument. 

"I'm so sorry," Rose began, pulling away from the embrace to look up at James, "I should have told you much sooner. This is all my fault."

"No, Rose. I'm sorry for being so rude to you on the phone. 

My phone buzzed. It was James! It said, "here". That one word was all I needed. I threw on my shoes and ran down the stairs, down the other stairs, and down the last one, finally running out the door. There was the car. The car with James in it. I put myself together and gracefully walked through the field. James got out of the car and was let through the gates. I couldn't wait any longer to see him. I slipped my shoes off, pulled my dress up to my knees and ran to him, falling into his arms when I reached him. He kissed me and held me close. "I missed you so much!" I said. "Me too. You look beautiful" He said, looking me up and down. We headed to the palace when Nicollete, Adeline, and Mary-Anne came out to greet us. I introduced him to my sisters. "I'm sorry, Princess Rose, but you have a meeting with the Queen of England in five minutes. You can't miss it." Mary-Anne said. I looked at James. "I'm so sorry." I said. Then I turned to my sisters. "Do you think you can give him a tour?" I asked them the nodded. I gave James a quick kiss and followed Mary-Anne into my office for my meeting.
....................
James's POV:

Rose's sisters were taking me on a tour of the whole castle. It was huge. They showed me some amazing rooms and we talked, so I was able to get to know them. There were a few doors we would stop by and Adeline would go to open it, when Nicollete would stop her and say, "Rose will want to show him that." In response, Adeline would not, smile, and take me to a different room. The castle was ridiculously gorgeous.