Held Captive

My breath caught in my lungs. I had been crying from the pain of their torture. They kept asking me questions, but I never answered them. I would rather die than tell them how to get into the palace or anything else they wanted to know. It would jeopardize the whole country. Maybe they would kill me. Maybe I would never be able to see James or my sisters again. The thought made more tears fall.

I was in so much pain. But what hurt most was that I didn't know if I would ever see James again. I didn't know of I would ever be able to apologize. It was all my fault I was stuck here anyway. I should have listened to him.
The man with the grubby beard came in. He walked over and knelt beside me, his mouth next to my cheek. His breathe was rancid. I clenched my fists and closed my eyes tight, trying to jerk away from him as he kissed me. My whole body was shaking. I managed to break away from him. He sat up, a look of outrage on his ugly face. He slapped me across my face. "You ungrateful little brat!" He roared.

I don't regretted what I did. So what if he hurt me. He could not do that to me. Still, I didn't look at him. I shut my eyes tight, pretending I was somewhere else. "I'm talking to you!" He yelled. He grabbed my face and jerked it towards him. I was too weak to fight back.
"There's that pretty face." He said, stroking my cheek. "P-Please s-s-stop." I managed to squeak out. "You're not in charge here." He said, yanking my arm out of the restraints and fiercely kissed my hand. I shut my eyes tight and tried not to think of this man touching me.

James's POV

She's been gone for three days. I haven't slept at all. I can't rest while she is out there. I have been working with some of the guards, but we still haven't found her. We found surveillance footage of how she had been taken, but nothing else. She was lost. I couldn't live without her. It was all my fault she was gone too. I didn't know what to do.
A knock shook me from my thoughts. "Come in." I mumbled from my desk. A guard hurried in. "I think we found her." He said. I jumped to my feet and followed him quickly out the door. Would I really see her again?