Reunion

(Sorry that this changes point of views a lot)

James's POV

We drove a long ways to an old, abandoned building. This is where they thought Rose was. I didn't know what to expect.

The guards and I walked up. I was at the back for my protection. A few guards went in and came out with about ten men. Rose wasn't there. "Where's the princess?" The lead guard, Scott asked. One of the men ordered another of them to do something, but I couldn't quite hear what he said.

Rose's POV

I had finally drifted off to sleep when my door burst open. One of the men unchained me and pulled me out. I couldn't walk. I fell to the floor. He glared at me, and rather harshly pulled me from the floor and carried me.

When we got outside, all of the men that had kidnapped me stood there. But then I saw guards. My guards. And James.

James's POV

The man they sent inside came out holding Rose. She was alive! I pushed through the guards, ignoring their protests I rushed to the front and her eyes met mine. Her whole body was trembling. She was covered in blood. What had they done to her? The man holding her stood her up on the ground and she fell. The man rolled his eyes and helped her up, supporting her with the least amount of effort possible. I hated that man.

I tried to go to her, but a guard clapped his hand on my shoulder and held me back. "Give us the princess." Scott said. The men sneered. The man who seemed to be their leader, whispered something to the man holding Rose. "Fine." He said. He dropped her to the ground and kicked her. She winced as his foot made contact with her stomach. "Have your princess. We had our fun." He said as they put their hands up in surrender and walked towards the guards. Right before they got close enough to be captured, they broke into a run.

I escaped the guards grasp and ran to Rose, scooping her into my arms. The guards went to catch the men, but I was only looking at Rose.

I brushed hair out of Rose's face. She was still shaking as I held her. "Are you alright?" I asked her. Why did I ask that? She was covered in blood. She wasn't okay. "I- I a-am now." She stuttered, holding on to me.

After a long ride back, we arrived to the palace. During the ride, Rose had fallen asleep. Dark circles we're under her beautiful eyes. I knew she hadn't been able to sleep while she was there.  A guard took her from me and I followed close behind. He took her to the palace hospital wing. I had to wait outside for an hour.

When she finally came out of the room, she was in a guards arms. He handed her to me. The doctor told me everything. Her cuts were merely painful, but didn't need stitches, they had fed her, and she should be better by tomorrow, although she does have a fever. I didn't care. She was alive. I had my beautiful Rose back.

I carried her to her room, tucking her into bed. She fell asleep instantly. I wanted to talk to her, but I would have to wait until tomorrow. I walked outside and shut the door. I found a chair in the hallway and brought it outside her door. I would stay there all night.

Rose's POV

I woke to my own screams. I had a nightmare about what had happened when I was taken. Everything rushed back to me as the door burst open. James rushed to me, kissing my forehead. I tried to sit up, but couldn't. James noticed my struggle. "Hey, go easy, okay?" He said. I nodded. He turned to leave. "Wait! Stay with me." I said to him. He nodded and layed down next to me. "I love you." I mumbled. I fell asleep before I heard his reply.
........

When I woke, I was alone. James wasn't there. Panic filled me. I suddenly found myself in the room my captors had held me in. My wrists and ankles felt heavy, like they were in those chains. I struggled against the imaginary restraints. Tears leaked out of my eyes.

My room came back into view as James hurried in, setting a tray down on my desk and rushing over to kneel beside me. The nightmare disappeared. Would I always see those hallucinations if James wasn't with me?
......
James's POV
Rose was thrashing in her bed and crying when I came in with her breakfast. I hurried over to her. I put my hand on her forehead. She was burning up, just like the doctor said, she still had a fever. Her eyes focused on mine. I kissed her forehead gently. I brushed hair out of her face and wiped her tears away.

"You haven't slept? Have you? You look tired" She said, noticing the dark circles under my eyes. She had just been tortured and she was worried about me. She was so selfless. She was perfect. I wasn't perfect. I shook my head, confirming that I hadn't slept. She held my face with her gentle hands. Her fingers rubbed over the stubble that had grown from my lack of taking care of myself.

"You need to take care of yourself too." She said. Her voice was sounding much better. It wasn't hoarse and she wasn't stuttering. I nodded. How was she this perfect? She was worrying about me after everything she had been through. It was all my fault that all this had happened to her.

"I'm sorry." I said.
"About what?" She asked.
"It's all my fault. I should have made someone come with you." I said.
She shook her head.
"Please don't blame yourself. You know how stubborn I am. I wouldn't have given in. It's my fault. I should have listened." She said.
"Don't blame yourself either. What happened happened. It's not your fault." I said, holding her hand. She nodded.

There was a knock on the door. I looked at Rose and she nodded, telling me I could let whoever it was in. "Come in." I said. Adeline and Nicollete timidly walked in. When Rose saw them, a smile filled her face. Her sisters walked over to her and she hugged them.