001

[ flashback ]

"Damn you," he said to me, eyes burning with anger. He threw another bottle of beer near me, some of the shards of glass hitting my leg, causing it to bleed, but yet I still stand here not moving an inch to explain what happened.

"For fuck's sake, So Young-ah! Why in the world did you introduce yourself  to Bang PD?! And why did you hold my hand in public? Are you stupid or were you born stupid, huh?" he screamed, popping out his neck vein.

"I-I didn't know.. I'm sorry." I gently placed my hand on his shoulder. He held my hand tightly putting red, noticeable marks in my wrists. I hung my head ever so slightly, tears forming in the midst of my eyes. Why did I even?  What did I do to deserve this? He gripped my hand tighter, making me flinch.

He snorts, noticing the tears rolling down my cheeks. He let go of my hand roughly. His heavy breaths can be heard from where I'm standing. He pointed me with his finger and told to stay silent. I did so. He ran his hand through his hair trying to calm himself.

"I'm so sorry—" I was cut off by a strong slap. I have fallen to the floor, this time crying heavily. I had enough. We've been this ever since he auditioned. The times that we spent together lessened and the times he spent away grew large. I fought with him many times, but I didn't give in. I held onto my heart because it hurts so bad. I should've listened to my mom. I should've moved away but my heart keeps telling me to stay. Damn it.

He suddenly pulled my hair, pulling me to the front door with my clothes.

"Get the fuck out. NOW! I don't want to fucking see your face anymore, So Young." He sternly said to me. My shaky legs, stood up stumbling at every step I take. Wiping the tears of my cheek, I waved over a taxi, telling to go to the nearby dorm where my sister is staying over now.

-

The driver looked at me with curiosity. He opened and closed his mouth as if he was about to ask something. Fortunately, I managed to mumble a polite 'what is it, sir?'

"Did you happen to be IU's younger sister?" he asked. Ugh this again. I hate it.

They just know me as IU's sister. I mean I am her sister, but I wish I could stay away from my sister's popularity. She also wants privacy but since her popularity risen, she can't help but be busy herself. I just want her to cuddle with me and my older brother. We definitely look like cats hugging comfortably.

It's only me, Ji Eun, and Jong Suk who's supporting each other since our mom died and our dad stayed away from us due to money problems. Our mom died because of lung cancer. Since then, we set boundaries between people and us, siblings. But there's only one rule that we will always follow.

To never trust anyone easily.

But one day, a girl named Lee So Young, broke the sacred rule. But even though I did broke it, my siblings still supported the guy I thought would never hurt me, never leave me, and never ever try to stay away from me.

It's just that it already happened. I can't help but shed another fat tear. I internally cursed myself.

I wipe the tear and wet the side of my lips. "Um Yes. Why?" I answered. He shakes his head and asked if that's the dorm we're heading to. I nodded unbuckling my seatbelt since we're almost near. I looked back at my memories. I thought of it as a bitter sweet memory. I smiled to myself, for I am free.

Free at last from all this crying, hurting, abusing, and shouts I hear every now and then. I wished him a good life and to find a girl who can stand his attitude. But who ever will that girl be, she's an idiot. An idiot to love and care for a reckless,

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Jung Hoseok.

[ End of Flashback ]