Morbus's Home

Morbus jumps from his room upstairs, confused on why he has a knock. He hesitates before slowly walking downstairs and to the door. He doesn't open it but puts his hand on the handle and leans against it. "... Whos there?"

"Uh... hi. It's Silas." She straightens her back a bit, knowing it was indeed his voice instead of some stranger.

"..." he pauses "Why are you outside in the rain?"

She pauses, not entirely sure. "Well... I brought an umbrella. You can keep it, so you don't have to stay inside."

"How did you find my home?"

"...walking." She looks to the woods, honestly just curious at this point.

"... are you here only to give me an umbrella?" His eyes glance to the side at the door.

"Well... yes?" She is unsure. She has no other plans, skipping school covers enough.

"... You searched for my home to give me an umbrella?" He was confused as well.

"No. I wandered across your house and decided to give you an umbrella." She put a hand back in her pocket.

"How did you know it was my house?"

"Does anyone else live in the woods?" She gestures out with her hands.

He pauses "... No... I suppose not..." he pauses again "Is the umbrella wet?"

"Oh... a bit." She shakes it a bit towards the rain, some water coming off. "I can dry it if you want."

"That would be best..." he listens to her.

She takes off her backpack, setting it down and pulls her jacket off, using the fabric to dry it. "So... why don't you like the rain?"

"It hurts me..." he says honestly.

"Hurts you?" She finishes drying it. "Wait, how do you bathe?"

He looks to the side embarrassed slightly "I.... don't. Not exactly..."

She chuckles a bit. "Maybe that's why people are scared of you."

"..." he thinks for a moment "Maybe..." he opens the door a crack but stays hidden.

"Either way..." she pulls back on her jacket, ignoring the dampness. "Its dry. Do you want me to... hand it to you or leave it out here?"

He reaches his hand out slowly. It looks normal enough.

She smiles and puts it in his hand. "And now may you hurt no more."

He takes it in carefully. "Thank you." He examines it.

"Any time." She kind of stands awkwardly, not sure what else to do.

"... Are you still there?"

"Yes." She looks to the crack in the door. "Did you want me to leave? I mean, you hate to be alone, but I don't know. For all I know I'm an annoyance." She chuckles.

"No no... you are not an annoyance..." he hesitates, wishing she could stay but not knowing if she should, "I... am fine with you staying..."

"Oh okay cool." She smiles turns to the woods once more. "So... I assume I should stay here." She takes some candy from her pocket and eats it. "Want some yet?" She holds out another piece.

"No. I have enough food in the house." He looks at her "Are you bothered by the rain?"

"The sound it makes, no." She smiles lightly. "But getting wet, yes."

He pauses "You may come inside... but only when I am hidden...."

"Alrighty. Just tell me when." She picks up her backpack, slinging it over her shoulder.