05

I'm walking down the halls with Drake because he insists on walking me to class. "Seriously Drake, you don't have to walk me to class." 

"Yes, I do and I also have to do this." Drake then grabs my hands and hold my hand with his. "We're a couple remember, we have to act it." Drake then, at that moment gives me a wink. 

Why do I put up with him? 

"Also, this will also give us the time to talk more about our game plan." Drake says in a hushed voice, in order for no one to hear us. 

"Game plan?" I ask confused. 

"There are football tryouts today, I'm trying to learn some of the terms." 

I nod my head up and down. "Okay, I see. So then, what is our game plan?" I ask curiously. 

"Well, back in my town, I was a skilled football player. I was even the quarterback. So naturally, I'm going to try out here too, you know?" 

I nod and say "Yes, but what does that have to do with me?" 

Drake smirks at me.

Uh oh.

"I want you to try out for the cheerleader team." Drake smiles. 

I yank my hand out and turn towards him with an angry eye. "Excuse me? Do you know who I am? I am Elle Fitzgerald. I don't do cheerleading. I do soccer, thank you very much. And I will not become one of your bubbly blonde cheerleader okay?" I point an angry finger at him. 

Drake looks unimpressed with me, he flicks my finger away from his face and says "But we'll be the perfect couple. You can cheer me on at my games, dancing around in that short little skirt. Come on, it's perfect." 

I give him a death glare. "I'm sorry Drake but no. I'm already signing up for soccer and there is nothing you can say or do to convince me otherwise. Soccer is my passion. I'll cheer for you on the stands. Okay Adams?" 

He sighs with resignation, "Fine." 

I grin widely after an idea comes to my head. "You know what that means right?" 

"What?" Drake asks in confusion. 

"When I have my soccer games, you can be the one cheering me on from the stands." I giggle. Just the thought of Drake on the stands, cheering for me, it's comical. 

"I don't think so." Drake scoffs and looks away. "There's no way I'm going to do that." 

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm a guy." Drake says in a tone, that makes it sound like he's talking to a toddler or someone dumb. 

"Hmm." I say "Never pegged you as someone who is sexist. I must say Adams, I'm disappointed. Shame on you." 

 "If I say I'll come to your games, will this conversation end?" Drake rolls his eyes.

As I see my class I turn around to face him "Of course." I smile. 

Drake squints his eyes narrowly at me, "What's with the smile?" 

"Just happy to be rid of you." 

I go and walk into my classroom, before I can even take two steps, I feel his hand grab mine and he spins me around and once again, he kisses me. He has to stop surprising me like this. 

Not that I'm complaining. 

The kiss is just as wonderful as the first one we shared. It's cut shorter than the first one though, must to my disappointment. 

I dislike Drake for his attitude, but doesn't mean I can't enjoy his kisses. 

"You have to stop kissing me without warning." I whisper to Drake, breathless. All of Drake's kisses leave me breathless. 

"We have appearances to keep up." 

I roll me eyes, "Of course. The bell's going to ring any minute, I should go." 

"Meet with me after school. We have things to discuss."

I nod my head and turn away in order to go to class. I sit down in one of the seats closer to the back and I wait for my math teacher to start teaching. 

I feel someone tap my shoulder, I look to my right and I see Derek. 

"Derek, hi." I say in astonishment. Man, this guy works fast. It hasn't even been an hour since me and Drake have started dating, and Derek is already coming up to me. At this rate, Derek will be mine. 

"Emily, I didn't know you were dating the new kid Drake Adams." Derek had this weird expression on his face, one that I couldn't read. 

"Yeah. We talked in class, and I met him last weekend at this club. He was a really cool guy. I thought I should give him a chance. You know, since there's no one else in the picture." I say trying to hint. 

"I have a weird feeling about him Emily. Just be careful." Derek warns. 

So he remembers Drake's name, who he's only met today, and had never had a conversation yet, none that I know, but he fails to remember mine, even though we've had countless conversations (just the pleasantries). That's so bogus. 

"I will. I trust Drake."

"I just don't think he has your best intentions at heart." 

"Well, that'll be me to decide. And it's not like their are rows and rows of guys waiting to date me. Choices are kind of limited." I laugh trying to tease him.

"Oh yeah, I totally get it." Derek said with a ditzy look to his face. 

Is it just me or is he a little slow?

Just as I was about to say something our math teacher Ms. Henry comes in and says "Hello students, let's talk decimals." She claps her hands together and smiles with her straight white teeth. 

Ms. Henry is the most attractive teacher in the school. She likes to wear pencil skirts with blouses and high heels. When I look back to Derek I see him staring at Ms. Henry with his eyes sparkling. 

I roll my eyes. Typical. All the guys in this class are practically in love with her. 

I look at the clock and see we still have 45 minutes left until school is over, then I'm going to have to meet up with Drake. Fun.