08

I wake up to see my cat licking my face, again. 

"God sakes cat, you're the worst alarm ever. Also the cutest." I lightly throw my cat off me and I get ready for the day. 

No one knows this but I'm living on my own. Just me and my cat. Not even Cailey knows. 

Just as I'm walking to my locker I feel someone push me against it. Hard. "What the fuck." I mutter. I feel someone pinning me and I look up to see Leanne. Oh shit.

"What are you doing with Derek huh? You trying to make a move on my boyfriend?" She said. I attempt to get out of her hold but she's too strong. What the heck is she? A wrestler? Like damn. 

"No." I say while shaking my head. 

She brings me closer to her and then slams me against the lockers once again. "Don't fucking lie to me. I've been nice so far. And I may look like a weak helpless little girl, but trust me, I'm like a firework, get too close and you may be in bits and pieces. Now tell me, what are you doing with Derek?" She growls out. 

Someone is jealous. 

"We've just talked a couple of times. He doesn't even know my name. There's nothing to worry about." I say still trying to escape. 

"Damn right there's nothing to worry about. Because why would he be with you? You're nothing special. You're a piece of trash. And I'm like a god damn star." 

It's then at that time Leanne makes a move to punch me in the face. I flinch back, getting ready for the hit, until I feel nothing but hear a voice. 

"You must know, even stars explode." I open my eyes to see Drake grabbing Leanne's fist and shoving her away from me. "Touch her again, and I swear you'll wish you were dead. Are we understood?" Drake's posture was straight as a board. He was breathing heavy and he looked mad. 

I look over at Leanne and she's against the locker just staring at Drake. She nods her head slowly and leave quietly. What just happened? 

Drake stays still for a couple of seconds and then he turns towards me. He walks up to me and helps me off the floor, which is where I fell after Drake pulled Leanne away from me. 

He says "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" 

I shake my head indicating me saying no, still confused. 

I open my mouth to talk but I'm in shock so much nothing is coming out. 

No one ever stands up to Leanne. She's scary. She may look like a barbie bitch but she has mad skills. You saw how strong she was. But Drake managed to scare her. How? 

Drake then grabs my face tenderly with both of his hand and looks deep into my eyes. "Elle. Earth to Elle. Are you sure you're okay?" 

I nod again. I finally have the sense to talk. "What just happened?" 

Drake smirked a bit. "I saved you." 

I laugh a little. "Yeah, I guess you did." I look down at my shaking hands. I look back into Drake's eyes. "Um... Can you take me to my house? I don't think I want to stay at school anymore." 

Drake's cocky face transformed into a concerned one. "Yeah, of course. Let's go." 

We walk to his car and he helps me get in. "I'm okay Drake. Just a little shaken up." 

I tell him my address and we stay silent in the car. Once we're inside I lay on my bed and curl up with my blankets and my cat. Drake looks at me awkwardly. I laugh slightly. "You know you can sit down." 

Drake smiles. "Nah. Do you want a drink?" 

"Tea please." 

Drake nods and leaves. This is so weird. I know Drake hasn't ever really been a dick to me, just annoying. But he's being so nice to me. Like he actually cares. Does he? How could he? We barely know each other. 

Then Drake comes back in and hands me the tea. "Here you go." He mutters. 

"Thank you." I reach for the tea but my hand is shaking too much. I'm trying really hard to get it under control but it just won't stop shaking. 

Drake sets the tea down and take a hold of my hand. "What's happening?"

As soon as he takes a hold of my hand I start to calm down and my hand stops shaking. "Let's just say I get freaked out with the whole physical thing. Leanne pushing me against the lockers really freaked me out." 

Drake crinkles his eyebrows he then takes his hand away. Before he can fully, I grab his hand and put it back on mine. "Your physical touch doesn't bother me. It's okay." 

Drake nods his head. "You should sleep. Rest up and calm down." 

I nod my head, "Can you stay with me?" 

"Of course." 

I smile and get into bed. 

Maybe Drake Adams isn't so bad after all.