06

I walk outside and I see Drake by a black sleek car. "You know Adams, I pegged you more as a guy who would ride a motorcycle." 

He smirks, "And why is that?" 

"Because you're a bad boy, that's why." 

Drake rolls his eyes. "You read too much romance stories." 

"Whatever. So where are we going?" 

"My house." He smirks. 

He smirks too much. "And may I ask what exactly are we going to be doing there?" I ask. 

Drake leans in towards my face. Is he going to kiss me again? Of course not, no one's watching. 

I look at his lips briefly then say "What the hell are you doing?" I then, at that moment, push him away from my face. 

Drake chuckles, "Oh honey. We can do whatever we want at my house." He then gives me a peck on the cheek.

I quickly rub the spot he kissed and say "Oh my god, you're such a perv. Let's just go." I then go in the driver's seat of his very looking expensive car and close the door while rolling the windows down. 

He raises his eyebrows and says "What are you doing?" 

I laugh, "What does it look like? Get in." I then put the key in the slot, and start the engine up.

Drake crinkles in eyebrows, "But this is my car." 

I roll my eyes, "So? Your point is?"

Drake looks at me with a frustrated look on his face. "Are you serious? You cannot drive my baby Betsy. She's my love."

I scoff at his stupidity. "Really? You named your car?" 

Drake then at that point had a serious look to his face "Get out now Elle, or face the consequences." 

I laugh slightly, "And what would those be Adams?" 

His eye twitches "You don't want to find out De la Cruz." 

I fake shivered. "Ooh I'm so scared. Now get in loser." 

Drake gives me a little growl and gets in the passenger side. 

I smirk. For once, I'm the one in control. "So, where to?" I chirp happily. 

"See? This is exactly why I should be the one who's driving. You have no idea where you're going." 

I look to him and give him a stare, "Well, if you tell me where we have to go, then I'll know where I'm going, right? So stop being stubborn and show me where you live." 

He tells me the address and we get on our way. 

We stop outside a rather normal looking house. Nothing too big, nothing too small. It's a light green all over and there are little gnomes everywhere. 

"Cute." I comment. 

"Shut up." Drake then opens the car door, slams it and then gets out. 

I roll my eyes at his grumpiness. God, what's his problem. I, too, get out of the car and throw Drake his keys. But instead of catching them like intended, it hits him in the center of his face. I giggle, and Drake gives me another death stare. 

"Oh Drake, don't be like that." I coo, loving how miserable he is. 

"Let's just go inside." 

I follow him inside and I can smell a very distinct aroma swirling through the air. Drake bops his head up motioning that we go upstairs. I nod and before we can make the first step, we hear a loud feminine voice travel through the walls. "Drake, is that you honey?" 

I can hear Drake groaning and I giggle. 

"In here mom." He calls out. 

Soon after that a slightly chubby woman comes out with a plate of brownies in her oven clothed hands. She has brown hair that's turning gray and she has a huge smile on her face. "Oh you're back from school. How was your first day? Want a brownie?" She said in her sweet voice. 

Drake groans, "No mom, I'm here with a friend to study." He moves to the left to his mother can have a clear view of me. "Mom, this is Elle De La Cruz. Elle, this is my mom." Drake introduces. 

Mrs. Adams claps her hands together and says "Elle? I finally get to meet you." Mrs. Adams then hits her son over his head with a rolled up newspaper, which only god knows where she got it. "What is wrong with you Drake Maria Adams! You should've brought this lovely young lady over sooner. Did I raise you to be this rude? You're going to give me a heart attack one day boy." She then uses her hand and puts it on her forehead, looking like she's about to faint.

Is she serious? And I thought Cailey was weird. 

"Mom." Drake groaned, no doubt he's used to this. 

I step in, in order to save Drake. "Hi Mrs. Adams, it's nice to meet you." I give her a wide smile. 

Mrs. Adams stops hitting her son and runs over to me and gives me a hug, "Call me Debra dear, you're practically family. It's so nice to finally meet you honey." Her hugs are getting to be a little too tight. 

Drake has to peel her off of me. "Mom, you're going to suffocate her. We're going to go upstairs." 

Debra frowns. "Aren't you going to say hell to your father?" 

Drake shakes his head. "What's the point?" He then leads me up the stairs into his room. 

His room looks like the average boy room. Posters of bands on the walls, computer on his desk, and a bed. Nothing out of the ordinary. "You have a sweet mom." I smile. 

"More like psycho." He scoffs. 

"So... Drake Maria Adams." I chuckle. 

Drake whips his head towards me, "We will never speak of my middle name, got it?" He barks. 

I laugh some more, "Oh calm down. It's funny. Why is that your middle name anyway?" I ask. 

"That was my grandma's middle name. Mom wanted to honor he somehow. Guess giving her son that name did the trick." Drake then rolled his eyes. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." I say, after realizing his grandmother is dead. 

Drake shrugs his shoulders. "Don't be. Never met her. Now, let's get started."