Chapter 1

DAY 1

When I first saw the beautiful landscape of Englad I knew I had to spend the rest of my life there. I had been thinking about it for a very long time but I never really made a decision. I'm from Belgium so it wouldn't be the easiest thing to do. But as I am standing in my new appartement, looking out of the window and enjoying the view I'm glad I made that decision. ''Luna, Luna, Luna!'' My roommate Holly pulled me out of my thoughts. I turned my head around quickly to see why the hell she made me jump like that. ''What is it?'' I hissed as she still stood there being all excited and what not. ''I.'' She took a step closer. ''Have.'' Another step. ''Got.'' Step. ''Great.'' Step. ''News.'' She was almost kissing me by now. ''Spill.'' I said, giving her the most uninteresting look. ''Someone wants to buy your work for 200 euros.'' I felt her breath tickle on my lips as she spoke so I pushed her gently back. ''No way!'' I couldn't quite believe it. I always enjoyed painting but I never thought someone could possibly be interested. ''Yes way!'' She spoke ever so enthusiastically. I couldn't help the smile that crept to my lips. ''Who the hell would want to pay me that much for the silly paintings?!'' I half asked, half screamed.

''He's kinda waiting outside.'' She said sweetly. I quickly pushed her to the side and apoligised before I ran downstairs to see someone standing outside. I opened the door and the stranger turned around to look at me. ''You must be Luna.'' The rather handsome boy said. ''I am.'' I said in a confident way. ''My name is Luke.'' He flashed a polite smile and held his hand out. I shook it and put a strand of hair behind my ear in a nervous gesture. ''So, you were interested in my paintings?'' I asked quietly. He just nodded. ''I could maybe show you some of them, they're upstairs.'' My voice suddenly came out a bit louder. He nodded again. ''Sure.''

The next thing I know, we're walking up the stairs in silence. It isn't nearly as awkward as I thought it would be but it's not a comforting silence either. I opened the door for him and walking in after. We got to my painting room and I stepped aside to let him see my work. He nodded at a few paintings and pointed at one in particular. ''That one.'' He spoke. ''I like that one.'' I thought he made that decision rather quick but hey, he's giving me 200 euros for a stupid painting so I'm not complaining. ''This is the one.'' He repeated his tolerance towards the art. He went through his pockets and I saw 200 euros appear. I gasped slightly enough so he wouldn't notice. He passed it over to me and shot another handsome smile at me. ''Is it okay if I pick it up tomorrow?'' I just nodded and he was out of the building before I knew. After that, I quickly ran up to Holly. ''So, what did he say?'' She asked me, the excitement clear in her voice. ''He gave me the 200 already and he's picking the painting up tomorrow.'' I said pretty casually. ''That's amazing!'' Her voice boomed through the living room. ''I still don't know how you ran into him and how he even got to see my work.'' I said with a slight frown on my face. 

''Oh, I took some pictures of your paintings the other day and when I was sitting in starbucks today, I was looking at them and I suddenly saw a shadow so I turned around and there he was, looking at the pictures. So he said he was interested and that he also paints but that his work isn't nearly as good.'' She rambled. 

''So you just brought him with you? You just brought a stranger to our appartement?'' I asked and she just shrugged as I rolled my eyes. ''You let him inside!'' She argued. She was right though, but I wasn't thinking about that. I was thinking about how I actually made money today. I made money with something I love doing. Maybe this meant I could be able to do it all the time. I fell asleep with a smile that night. Not because I'm the owner of 200 euros. Not because I met a cute boy today. But just because today made me realise I can do whatever I want to do with my life and I can take my own directions, even if some of them are risky. Life isn't worth it if you don't take the shot.