Halloween Party

Yay for being exceptionally terrible at titles!! :3 Also this chapter accidentally became kind of long, whoops?

---

Bakugou

Bakugou was beginning to think Kirishima was a goddamn meme addict, and that he himself was an inadvertent victim by association. The fucker had loads of them to send—at least, that's what it felt like. He only sent about one a day, and since he had 'accidentally' (Bakugou still wasn't sure if he believed it to be an actual accident) sent one through the direct messaging system of Instagram (something Bakugou hadn't even known existed until the damn notification popped up), that's how they all came through.

They were miscellaneous—some about school, others about random shit Dumb Hair probably thought were relatable, and others shit that were just straight up jokes (some that, whenever he was in public, Bakugou had to refrain from laughing outwardly at). On the occasions they were in their room together—a lot more often since their misunderstanding—either studying or just hanging out, the stupid memes ended up launching them into conversations Bakugou knew he'd never have with someone otherwise. He told Kirishima shit he hadn't even thought about in years, found out that he and the damn loser had a lot more in common than he ever thought they could, and suddenly Dumb Hair really was his friend.

And when Kirishima started inviting him places—the game room, the lounge, dinner—he started tagging along. His friends weren't awful, and it wasn't like Bakugou had anything better to do anyway.

⚜️

"Did you guys hear they're planning a Halloween party for the school at the end of the month?" the pink-cheeked chick whose name Bakugou didn't care to remember spoke up at lunch one afternoon.

"Is it like a dance?" asked frog-looking one beside her. "Or a haunted house?"

"I dunno yet. They haven't really released many details about it."

"I heard about it," Deku said. "Iida has been running around like crazy making sure everyone who's on the planning committee keeps the theme appropriate."

Pink Cheeks perked up. "A planning committee? Can anybody join?" she asked.

"I think so. I'll be sure to ask Iida tomorrow in bio," Deku said.

"Ohh! I love planning parties..."

Bakugou sighed, slumping his head into his own hand as, like usual, he zoned the idiots out. He was grateful when his phone vibrated and gave him an excuse to look away, and he definitely wasn't surprised when the notification was from Dumb Hair. Most of them were nowadays if he was being honest, save from the occasional text from his mom or yet another damn follower on Instagram (seriously—he didn't know where the fuck they came from or why, seeing as he rarely actually posted).

Bakugou stared down at the screen in confusion the second he opened the message.