Chapter Sixteen

Finally Simba arrived to his home after hours of sweating, and getting blisters beneath the sun he had high hopes for Pride Rock. What he saw before him was a corrupt city, a city that.. If he didn't know any better, he'd think a mob tore it down. Every inch of land was dry, beat, used, and left to rot.

There was not a single drop of emotion across the kingdom, but instead lay dozens of bodies, some rotting and long gone while some still struggled on the ground as they had just been shot or stabbed. In the corner of his eye he could see some people.

"Back to your home! Not a single person must be seen outside until further notice from his majesty!" A female soldier snarled.. One that looked familiar to Simba, threatening an elderly woman. "I refuse. All this time I was told that there wold be a change in favour of the citizens, but nothing happened. I was lied to." She crossed her arms.

That was when she fired her gun. Once through the old lady's heart, and another when she lay on the ground to her head.

Simba felt a sharp pang of guilt and shock, there was then a violent tug on his arm. "Play along." Nala's breath inched into his ear. "Mother fucker! I told you to keep your head low!" She slammed her wrist into the back of his head.

She pulled his ear and placed her gun which she hadn't loaded against his head as she pulled him away where nobody could see them. In his pocket, Simba clutched Mufasa's gun. He saw a small group of people chanting- "Bring down the king! No mercy! No misery!" They shouted and pounded their chests with a single fist then raised their fists.

Bullets brought them all to their backs. How could Simba's home go so wrong? His pain continued as some children were beat on the streets. "Tragic, yeah?" Nala sighed, but she had been used to these sights. Simba gulped and slowly nodded along as a plan in his head twisted his gears.

"How'd you decide to come back?" She placed her hand on his cheek and lightly stroked it. "Well.. I got some sense knocked into me." Simba stroked a hardly noticeable bruise on his cheekbone.

"Alright.." He sighed. "Guys! Wait up!" River called to them as she, Timon, and Pumbaa arrived. Timon and Pumbaa collapsed to their knees, burning with sweat. "What are you guys doing here?" Simba tilted her head. "If anyone-" Timon's hand blocked River's mouth. She smacked him off and spat on the ground. "Ew! Keep your hands off me rat!" She gagged."Well-- panting-- If it means anything to you.. Then.. We're.. With ya' to the end." Timon substituted for River.

Simba smiled a little at their loyalty. "Officer!" The same female soldier snarled at Nala. "Shenzi." Nala glared at her. "What have we got here?" She snickered. "Back off, I got them myself." Nala reloaded her gun. "Hmhmhm.. Alright.. I hope you had some fun with Scar." She snorted and cackled.

"She's high on the job all the time." Nala sighed. "No no no, what did she mean?" Simba insisted. "Look.. We can talk about it later." Nala rubbed her arms, but she was slightly intimidated by Simba who still insisted on knowing. She placed her hands on his shoulder and whispered. The other three saw his face flush red as his gun clicked.

"You go round up the innocent. More importantly the servants and whatever decent soldiers are left." His words came out a hiss between his teeth.

"You guys.. Distract the soldiers." River cracked her knuckles in excitement. "Gotcha boss." She made a finger gun. "You guys will need these." She tossed them gun. "Hell yeah!" She celebrated as she felt the smooth new gun. "And I.. will be looking for my mother. Clear the halls." Simba finally ducked away.

He shot down the cameras around the palace but stayed in hiding when he heard palace guards come his way. He stayed stone still for dear life, not even moving to scratch the irritation the sharp twigs gave him when they poked and stroked his skin.

When they were gone he heard a quest whistle, it was Nala's signal. Now was his chance. He peered over the castle wall seeing River. "Hey there! Hehe! Come get me!" She waved and skipped around the corner.

The thirsty guards chased after her and fought over her. "Suck it bitches!" He heard her shout when she turned the corner, the sound of bullets echoed, all while Timon and Pumbaa stood on the other side running away with food to frame themselves for stealing it. He climbed over he fragile wall that crumbled beneath him.

He crept through the empty halls, he tip toed since you could hear the most gentle steps. "Sarabi!" He heard an aggressive call from a familiar voice. He hid behind a suit of armour, he saw a middle aged woman rush to the door and push open the heavy doors. He melted on the inside in some guilt he hadn't come to help her sooner.

"Yes Scar?" She did a curtsy. "Why are you not managing the servants?" He snarled at her. Simba took the chance to now press his stomach against the wall as he stalked their conversation. "Scar there are riots by every citizen, and they are all going on strike. There is nothing I can do. We must give in and let them have their way." She placed her hands together into a fist.

"No! We are royalty! They must submit." He insisted. "Then by cutting off all the citizens that contribute to our survival by providing food, water, and a non-toxic environment.. You.. The king of Pride Rock, are sentecing us all to death!" Sarabi snapped at him.

"Then so be it!" Scar's arrogance had turned to cruelty. "You can't do that!" Sarabi gasped. "I am the king! Whatever I say goes! I have the power to remove yours." Scar glared out the window and stomped his cigarette against the ground, sending the glass shards away.

"If you were half the king Mufasa was then you'd-!" Sarabi stomped her foot forward. Her violation of the law was the breaking point. He whipped around, striking her across the face so hard she'd collapsed to the ground with her face burning red. She felt a stinging pulse, for her safety she remained on the ground with her eyes closed and didn't dare move a muscle. Three gun shots from feet away beat Scar's "bravery.'