M i n e |5| 💍

Zoey Pov🍬

I'm sitting in class and this teacher keeps going on and on about nothing in particular. I look to my left and see Jahi's eyelids dropping. He looks like he hasn't slept a bit.

"I'm sorry Mr Winston, am I keeping you up?" The teacher puts his hands on his hips and stares at Jahi.

Jahi rolls his eyes then lays his head down on the desk, closing his eyes.

"Jahi!" He yells but Jahi ignores him. "Would you like to go to the principal's office?"

No response.

"Alright then I'll go get her."

"What's she gonna do? Suspend me for sleeping?" He snickers.

"Why? Why do you always have to disrupt my classes with your rudeness? Cant you just pay attention like everybody else in the room?! Does your mother know about your behaviour? Do you think it makes her happy hearing about all the trouble you keep getting into??"

"Don't talk about my mom!!" He snaps.

"Alright...I won't mention your mother. You just need to start paying attention in my classes-"

"Your classes are boring."

"Look, you are the one who is gonna need to pass this class next year. If you don't pay attention in your classes that is not my problem. It doesn't even affect me. But if you keep acting like this just because you're 'the bad boy' then you're not gonna get very far in life."

Jahi rolls his eyes and puts his head back down.

"And for the record I know that if it were me my mother would be very disappointed."

"DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT MY MOM!!"

"Jahi..." I start to worry about him. He doesn't usually react so much when teachers bring up his parents. Am I missing something?

"Mr Winston I am gonna need you to calm do-"

"You don't know a damn thing about my moms so don't fucking talk about her!"

"Jahi why are you acting like this? Are you ok?" I ask.

"Yes...I'M FINE!
EVERYTHING! IS FINE!" He yells before grabbing his bag and storming out the classroom.

Woah. Something is definitely wrong.

I immediately get up and go after him.

"Excuse me Miss-"

"I need to talk to him!" I cut the teacher off.

I rush through the halls trying to find Jahi until I eventually find him with his head against his locker and tears streaming down his face.