7- Missin' Link

Word count: 1262

I lied, I'm sorry I forgot there was still an entire personality left lol.

Third person.

The die continues his daily routine, dressing in the mornings, working the bar and tables, and watching for cheaters. And preparing for the impending visit at the die house with the two cups, but that would be a ways off, as they had yet to make it past the root pack.

This particular morning was much slower than most, only the patreons and a few others had been through all morning. No more than a hundred people in total.

Around lunch, however, the crowds came though. First trickling, then pouring, through the large doors. The casino was alive with the dull hum of conversation, and the small noises of the machines many worked on.

The bar flooded, though Dice never had a problem keeping up with the orders, even despite the multitudinous amounts.

No problems rose throughout the day. At least not untill he began his floor shift, that is.

A ghost of a creature that he had busted for cheating earlier in the week managed to sneak up on him and get one good hit on him, something that was unheard of untill today.

The lone staff member around tried to call people over to help resolve the already-out-of-hand conflict, but truthfully it was already over with. The man was being dragged away from kicking the Die, and in the suprise attack, dice had been knocked into a table, and then pushed to the floor. But his lose of control had been entirely his own fault, as he was the one who didn't bother to keep his footing after the blow.

He was hidden entirely behind a table, aside from the very edge of his shoe's rubber sole peeping around the corner.

Wheezy, pirroetta, mangosteen, and jewel creep slowly over to see if he was gonna get up.

To their suprise, he was already sitting up, but he had changed.

"Damnit!" Exclaimed wheezy. "There's another?! And just when we were gettin' use to the new one!" He huffed, lighting fiercly.

The die was indeed much different.
His vest had been swapped for suspenders once more, and his button up shirt had rolled half sleeves, his slacks a bit closer fitted, the waist higher and more form fit, in a swing fashion. Small bits of gold, cufflinks peeping behind the rolled sleeve and a thin chain likely attached to a watch, accented it.

His color scheme also seemed to change, swapping his dull lavender for a much brighter hue that took on a pinkish quality. Even his silken gloves and abnormally unpigmented silk bowtie seemed to glow just the lightest shades of pink, though the woven fibres still shone brightly, snowy in direct light.

He was frowning loosely, confusion weaving through his features. The confusion melted away as he gazed over their features, and as he took in his surrounding area.

He bounded to his feet lightly with a sudden surge of energy. The energy seemed to stick with him as an excited grin spread across his face.

"Hey there!" He gestured in a friendly manner, he seemed to be surrounded by a low hum of energy, and he fidgeted often.

"S'Nice to be meeting y'all." His smile changes, becomes more eager, and widens slightly. He pushed a hand forward, leaning forward and offering his hand to be shaken as a greeting gesture.

The crowd was taken back by the quick observation and emotional responses. They flinched back at his sudden movement.

He took a moment, allowing his magenta eyes, which looked to be lined thicker than usual, almost taking on a cat-eye liner effect, rake over the crowd.

He realized his mistake and made another sudden movement, this time to stand properly, and again scaring the small surrounding group.

"Oh!" His voice rings like a tenor bell in the atmosphere. "Please, do excuse my irrationality, I tend to get ahead of myself." He sounded sheepish, his face dusted with a very faint magenta, though he still smiled brilliantly.

He stands formally, hands folded neatly behind his back as he still seemed to vibrate and radiate an energetic aura.

"I know that you won't truly understand how I know you all the way I do, unless you were to know the complicated interworks of our mind, but we understand. We watch what goes on with each other sometimes." He says, unconsciously slipping into a plural.

"But I suppose I only speak for myself, I at least know that I like all of you." He gestures to us, eyes lingering on each of them briefly.

He studies jewel for a moment longer.

Jewel, who wasn't usually one to fall for looks and facade, was speechless. She drew a short choppy breath.

"I'm sorry, I don't like you that way-"

The tenor jingle that seemed to resonate from within him sounded once more, as if he thought the statement was utterly ridiculous.

"Oh no. That wasn't my intention, dear. Don't take it wrongly, but I- or rather we're not interested in you in that way."

Wheezy curses loudly before slipping Mango 5 gold.

"Let's just say..." He paused in thought, before laughing again at what had to be some sort of inside joke. "Well, you're not my type. However, you are quite a nice person. Most anyone would be head-over-heels for you if you so much as gazed at them, and trust me, I've seen that 2nd hand."

His eyes flicker towards a quickly materializing shape. A smile finds him again, this time in an entirely smug way, and he stalks forward to where the devil had appeared to sort out the commotion.

Before the devil was even given the chance to speak, the die studied him in such a way to freeze any comment he may have had.

With half lidded, unimpressed eyes, he folded an arm over his chest and hooked it around his other arm's elbow. He let his other hand sit gently against the side of his face.

He circled him slowly. The devil was too surprised to even manage a scowl.

"Well, I certainly see now, feeling it for myself, why you had thought that way." The die managed after some time, his eyes giving a far away look. The top half had faded into a rich gold. He paused.

"Well of course, but what kind of fun would that be for me? It's rare I get a chance so opportune as this." His eyes got further away, and he walked a few steps away from the still-unmoving devil and shocked-stiff staff. There was another pause. He puts his hands in his pockets.

"You really aren't any fun, are 'ya." Shortest pause. "Fine, fine. Later then, 1" He snips haistily, though he was still playful, a laugh built behind his voice.

He turns abruptly back to us, buzzing once more with positive energy and grinning once more. His eyes were bright pink purple again, and they glowed faintly.

"D1 would skin me alive. If he could ever get his hands on me," the laughs and sticks his tongue out a bit. "I'll get to work then, oh, and I'll have an act ready by 7." He aims the first part at the devil, and the second at Jewel. He moves quickly for his shift in swaying movements.

The rest of the group stared vaguely at one another, wondering what the hell just happened.

"They can fucking talk to one another?" The devil wondered aloud.

...