*** PROLOGUE ***

Long ago, the humans lived peacefully in love and harmony with each of them going about their separate lives. Some interesting, some boring, some busy, some confusing and others... complicated.

The humans had a ruler, a very handsome king, King Noah who ruled together with his beautiful wife, Queen Mara, who gave birth to a more beautiful daughter. They named her Korana, meaning 'Great Jewel' Kora for short.

Everyone adored Kora, most especially because of her extra ordinary beauty and jade green eyes. She was a little strange but no one cared because of how innocent she was. Everyone flocked around her, both young and old, but then the worst happened. Not long after Kora turned eight, the vampires invaded the human lands, killing many and imprisoning more. The humans tried fighting back but all were in vain, the vampires came prepared. They attacked the palace...

**        **

Chaos upheld in the palace, everyone was running for his or her lives. The vampires were attacking the palace and their main aim as to kill the royal family.

King Noah quickly picked up little Kora in her white night dress and taking his wife's hand, he began running down the halls. He reached the large library and quickly dashed in. The vampires were on his tail but he had to save his family. Moving to one of the very large shelves, he pushed out a series of books and pushing a button, the shelf made way and a dark hallway came into sight.

"Mara, here take Kora with you and run away from here, I'll hold back the vampires." Noah said and Mara frowned.

"What?! Am not leaving you here, you're coming with me, with us." She argued.

Korana looked from father to mother as they argued. She knew they were in trouble but she didn't know what it was. All she knew was that bad vampires wanted to kill her parents.

"Mara please, for the sake of our daughter, go." Noah begged, losing his patience, he knew the vampires were close.

"No... am not going anywhere, Noah!" she screamed.

Korana began to cry and Noah hugged her tightly but lovingly.

"Daddy..." she cried and wrapped her hands around his neck.

"My baby, my darling... you have to go with mummy okay? Daddy will be with you shortly, I promise." he said to her. Tears ran down Mara's cheeks as she dug her fingers into hr already messy hair.

"Promise?" Korana asked and Noah kissed her forehead sweetly.

"I promise my angel." He said and hugging her again, he gave her to Mara. "Mara, you two have to go now..." she began shaking her head.

"Don't do this, Noah." She begged.

"I have to my love, there is no other way. There is a pathway at the end of the hallway, it will lead you straight into the woods and far way from here..."

"Noah..."

A loud sound came from the large double doors of the library. They were here and they were pounding hardly on the door so as to break in.

"You have to leave now!" Noah shouted and pushed his wife into the dark hallway.

"Noah..." she began to cry loudly. "I love you... I love you so much."

"I love you too." He said and kissing her forehead, he pushed the button and the shelf began moving back to it's original position.

Korana stared at her father, fear expressed all over her face. Deep down somehow, she knew she was never going to see her father again. She knew this by just staring into his eyes.