Lies

I spend most of the day in fear of her saying anything but I don't think anyone's noticed any change in me, Fletch gave me a funny look earlier but I don't think it was anything.
"Hey Jac" Oh it's him the last person I want to see after Zosia he's got the number 2 spot then it would be Hansen but we digress.
"Bed 4, 27 year old female I've booked her in a emergency bypass and I was wondering if you would do it it's at 1 so you've got time for a lunch break then you can scrub in and do the operation." Then I realise what I've done I can't scrub in and I also can't risk passing anything onto any patients by not cleaning my left arm I didn't realise how long I'd been going through what I've done till Fletch snaps me out of it , "Jac what you thinking about? Will you do it then?"
"Um...I've got a really busy afternoon already and it's a fairly easy procedure so why don't you get one of our less experienced doctors to try it alongside you?" I basically invented the first lie that I could think of and I think he might be convinced by it.
"Ok, I guess if your busy"
"Why are you still stood here we have work to do and when you interrupted me I was going to give Bed 6 his scan results so if he complains why it took so long I'll tell him to complain to you"
"Ok you don't need to get feisty about it" Yep he's definitely fooled. I strut away with my back straight and my chain up to make up for the absence of a pair of heels because they really aren't convenient with scrubs.

At the end of the day I don't want a night like the last one and anyway I've got Emma to pick up from the crèche and take home tonight and see also keeps me busy wanting to read or book or watch too much TV, Peppa Pig is her favourite at the moment.

I end up putting Emma to bed a little later than normal because she wanted to watch just one more episode and I didn't have the energy to argue with her protests tonight. But now I'm alone it's too peaceful to what I'm used to I know I haven't done the washing up or any of the paper work I brought home but that can wait it's not like it would lead to the end of the world. Instead I lay my legs out across the sofa and turn back to the TV I recorded a program on a new stent Initiative that I wanted to watch I guess that will do...

I rub my eyes to see sun behind me and the TV remote on the floor, I must have fell asleep on the sofa but when I try to get up I don't really want to I mean Emma will come and get me eventually it's only 6 and she doesn't get up till half past 7. Even though I've slept too I feel like I've got no energy and work will probably just make it worst being fuelled on caffeine once again and if I keep turning down operations this will become really suspicious, I mean I could do them with Zosia when these cuts heal a bit because she knows they exist but anyone else and I'd be done for. I decide there's not really another option I think even the receptionist would be suspicious if I called in sick and if I did then Emma would be wanting to play all day at least at the crèche she's got fletch's kids to play with and she's normally pretty tired by the time we get home too. I have to drag myself to the kitchen to make coffee number 1 of the day and force myself to sort the washing up into the dishwasher before the madness starts to unfold.

It's only when I get to work that I realise I haven't had any breakfast but I'm not that hungry anyway. I get changed and start straight away after getting an F1 to get my second coffee of the morning it's all systems go, well my lethargic scarred and bruised system that is being filled with caffeine to start working anyway.