Concerned

When I get in I just collapse onto the sofa I've got to pick Emma up from Jonny's tonight so I've got a day to sort my head out get some work done and figure out what I'm going to do about Fletcher. Actually for once in my life and I'm probably never going to do again, I'm just going to call in sick I can't handle facing him today I need to get my head on straight.

Once my excuses have been taken care of I head upstairs for a hot shower to calm down and collect my thoughts together. Not expecting anyone and even making sure to lock the door behind me I go for a short sleeved t-shirt and jeans but throw a jumper over the bannister in the hallway for later. Maybe a chamomile tea will help me out.

I just here the kettle ping in the kitchen when I also hear a knock at the door, I should be at work but Jonny doesn't know I'm not so he won't have brought Emma back early and nobody in holby knows where I live apart from one man. He'll think I'm at work too so right now I'm going to pretend I'm not here. The knocking continues he doesn't seem to be giving up. "Jac I know your there I just want to talk stop putting up walls please" like I'm going to talk to him now. Then I get a text,
"Hey I'm not going anywhere I'm going to stay here till you let me in I don't care if I go over my lunch break, I heard you called in sick just please let me know your ok, Fletch x"
If he's not going to go away I'll make him "Yes I'm fine, get back to work they need you" is all I can muster myself to put
Then he shouts at me through the letter box again, "so I know your in there and I also know your not dead but I still want to see your face before I go"
I grab my jumper from the banister and pull it over my head before unlocking the front door to see him leant against the wall in scrubs.
"There you've seen my face you've seen I'm fine now don't you need to be at work Nurse Fletcher"
"Look I know I shouldn't have done what I did last night but hear me out, I was worried about you, we all were I needed to know the truth Jac and that was the only way to get it you clearly weren't going to give it to me." He opens his mouth for another sentence but I've had enough
"You've clearly got more to say come on in" I go back through to the kitchen to my tea and I sit back up in the bar stool and sensibly Fletch takes the one the other side of the island.
"When I heard you'd called in sick I panicked but when I asked Hanssen if I could leave for an hour he said no because we were two nurses and you down so I had to stay put till lunch I couldn't focus between them and now I thought you were going to do something stupid Jac"
"Well I wouldn't would I, I've got Emma to think about"
"You know everyone else was asking about you too The F1's have all sorts of weird and wonderful theory's because you never take a sick day unless you are forced too."
"So who else knows because I know you wouldn't keep this to yourself"
"I didn't tell anyone I promise I didn't want to do any more damage" I look at him funny and then he carry's on
"Well Zosia came up to me and asked if I knew anything because I had been spending more time with you like she asked me yesterday and then I hinted that I didn't think you really were sick and she dragged me into the staff room and told me what she knew which I is why I thought you called in sick, you told her before I found out didn't you?"
"I didn't tell her she found out be accident and I wish I'd have made her keep her mouth shut at the time and surprisingly she did without any threats"
"Well people do listen if you don't try to intimidate them you know?"
"I guess so, shouldn't you be getting back Serena will be complaining that you took too long"
"I guess, but seriously though Jac if you need anything call me I don't care about the time or why just do it"
"Ok fine now you should go" when he finally stops repeating the same thing and leaves I lock the door behind me and flick the TV onto some stupid daytime show I've got a few hours to relax before Emma comes back, I know she wanted to bake cupcakes today too.