Chapter 4.

"Mommy? Please wake up, I love you, Mommy."

Came the voice through the hazy fog that Savannah felt she was in. The dreadful cry just kept on getting louder until, with all the strength she possessed, Savannah weakly opened the lids of her eyes. As she turned to the side she saw a blurred image of a small girl; she was squeezing her hand and crying.

"Shush, don't cry little one, I'm OK, I'm not going anywhere. Here come lay beside me, maybe you can make me feel a whole lot better?"

The child wiped the tears from her face and climbed into bed with her, and then she fell asleep cradled in her arms. That is how Ramsay found them; the sight of them brought back some of the past memories that he tried to keep buried in his mind. So the image of them lying together reminded him of his late wife Lacey; as she cradled their two-year-old son Joey.

Before Ramsay could dwell further into those memories he was brought back by the sound of her... Savannah. She groaned in pain; then she began to thrash in her sleep, screaming. Without even thinking he rushed to her side and grabbed a hold of her. This just caused her to thrash even harder.

"Calm yourself Savannah!"

"NO, STAY AWAY FROM ME, DON'T TOUCH ME, I WON'T LET YOU HURT MAMA, SHE'S SICK, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT, I WILL PROTECT HER FROM YOU, IF YOUR PLANNING OF HURTING MAMA THEN YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME!"

She screamed. Giving her a handshake, Ramsay shouted her name until she woke up and tears of fear were flooding down her face. He was so close to her that he could smell her scent, it smelled like lilac and spring rain. Funny. That was an odd combination of scents, but it suited her. It was also the color of her eyes that captivated his interest. She had a unique light purplish color, and it reminded him of the early morning mist that you glimpse when you see the sun rise over a mountain. Before a second of time could pass between them, he gave in to the need that he has been feeling ever since he saw her for the first time, all vulnerable and in need of comfort and protection. He lowered his head towards hers and kissed her. He came to the conclusion of what Savannah and Quinn needed most of all. They needed someone who would look out for them, and to love them as well; while he was kissing her, Ramsay made a vow, a sort of important decision, He will protect her, even if it meant giving her his name through marriage.

When Savannah awoke the next morning, she felt sore, but not in the uneasy way she had been feeling for so long. It was a relaxed and carefree feeling that surrounded her. Feeling like it was about time to get up; Savannah grabbed a hold of the windows ledge and propelled herself up and out of bed. But because of her weakened condition, all she could do was collapse back onto the surface of the bed. This jumbled the sleeping form of her sister Quinn, who in the most cutest way, shook the sleep from her eyes, yawned quite loudly and looked straight at her and smiled.

"Good morning Mommy, can we have some breakfast now?"

What? What did Quinn just call her? Mommy? That was strange, as far as she knew her mother was Quinn's mother. Not knowing on oh how to respond to her, Savannah forgot the question altogether, she held her in her arms and kissed her cheek.

"Sure honey, but first I need some help getting up can you ask Rosie to come and help me?"

Not long after Quinn left the room, the curtain was pulled to its side; but instead of the Doctor, or Rosie for that matter, coming into the room as Savannah expected; it was the Sheriff, Ramsay Colt, who did.

"Quinn, told me that you needed some help getting up?"

Ramsay inquired as he looked at Savannah; noticing her hesitation, he held up his hand to put a stop to her excuses.