Chapter t h r e e

Cameron's car above ^

Another dumb morning. Another day of dumb work. Another day of filling out dumb tickets. Another day of being bored to death.

I groan and let my head thump back onto the pillow. The only problem is I moved when I sat up, and I thump my head on the headboard. Isn't this a great start to my day.

I turn off my alarm and go back to sleep. My head hurts and I just lie there as I try to go to bed.

I pull myself out of bed as my final alarm goes off, and untangle myself from the covers. I really do have a problem with pulling my sheets off of my bed.

My brain jolts awake when I realize that this is the last time I'll probably ever sleep in my bed. Good riddance though. My feet are almost hanging off of the edge of the bed.

I pull on my uniform and go to put my contacts in. I try to put it in my eye and it falls to who knows where. I sigh exasperatedly as I give up on trying to find it. I take out a new contact for my left eye and put it in, being careful not to drop it on the floor this time.

I finish putting my makeup on and do my hair. I straighten it for once in my life, and put it up in a high ponytail.

I go down to eat my breakfast and as I'm brushing my teeth I hear a knock on the door. I look at my confused expression in the mirror and hurriedly finish brushing my teeth.

I walk down the stairs and see a silhouette through the door. I hope it's not a murderer claiming a debt from my father, or a police officer here to cuff me for a crime I didn't commit. Wait a minute, I am the police.

I decide to open the door and hope I won't be killed. I come face to face with Morgan. Cameron is off of the porch inspecting my mom's tulips that were in a bright array of colors. Weird.

Morgan starts talking and I focus on her and stop looking at Cameron's weirdness. "We're here to take you to work. I remember you saying something about carpooling, but my car's tires got slashed by someone. I didn't want to disappoint you so I asked the people in the house, and Cameron offered to take us."

"Thanks, but I meant for us to carpool when I was living with you." I replied. Morgan's eyes widen.

"Oh. I thought you meant now." She said.

"I'll still go with you," I said politely as I step down the stairs with Morgan. Cameron is still sniffing the tulips urgently. "It would be nice to have someone to talk to on the way over."

"You can always talk to me." Cameron speaks quietly in my ear from right behind me. I jerk my elbow back, and accidentally hit him in the chest.

Morgan shrugs at my response to Cameron. "We all do it sometimes."

I hop into the backseat of his sleek, navy, sports car, and I wrinkle my nose at the overpowering vanilla smell. I look up front as Morgan gets into the backseat next to me. I see that he has an air freshener called 'Tahitian Vanilla.'

Morgan leans over and whispers in my ear, "You get used to it." She says. Cameron's eyes flash to the back as he hears Morgan's words. I swear he has super hearing.

He revs the engine loudly, and tears out of my driveway. I look out the window, and my eyes widen as I realize they knew where I lived.

Cameron smirks at me in the mirror as if he knows exactly what I'm thinking.

"How did you know where I live?" I ask him. He shrugs.

Morgan rolls her eyes at him, and slaps his arm.