Chapter t e n

Cameron P. O. V.

I grab my hat, and walk out of the house after Zoë. She quickly walks around the corner, and gets into a sleek black car. I get in on the other side; her eyes widen at the sight of me. She should know how I am by now.

"They all know where to go," she says. "They're going to meet us there." I nod and Zoë taps on the glass separating us from the driver. I see Ella pull into the neighborhood being driven by Adam. 

I decided to have him work with Ella. Who could I trust other than him to watch her? It was originally my doing, but Adam refused to quit even once we knew the job was done. He has a knack for sticking to the people he's close to.

I think that he's truly taken a liking to Ella. He certainly isn't shy and timid around me. His crude humor sometimes makes me cringe. When he really gets going, he's like me on steroids.

Wait why would I insult myself? These girls are rubbing off on me more than I'd like. Especially the female sitting next to me.

I grin over at Zoë, and I yawn as I rest my head against the window. I quickly sit back up, annoyed at how bouncy the car was on the pavement. You'd think that after this many years of technology advancing, people would know how to make a smooth road.

We finally arrive at the Hit Zone. Zoë puts her hood up as we exit the car. She strides over to the sidewalk, pulling out her gun and admiring it. Boy, can she pull off a bada** look. She gives me a sly grin, her usual personae having fallen away. She's something else when she gets like this.

"Let's go quickly." She says, and breaks into a run. I stride after her, not wanting to be left behind. We meet up with everyone else, and they all nod as a sign of respect for Zoë. She nods back.

"Let's do this." Zoë says, grinning. We all follow Zoë, pulling out our guns. Some of us pull up our hoods, and others pull down their masks. We turn down the sidewalk and I hear the first shot, and a scream pierce the awaiting night.

The first man drops to the pavement, blood trickling as he takes his last breath. The others spread out to stop anyone else. I see the senator's eyes widen at the sight of a dead man next to him. If he's smart enough, he's has probably realized by now that his own security has already been taken out silently and quickly.

 If it wasn't for Zoë's sharp shooting, he'd be injured, or worse. I race past the senator, and aim at another of the men who are rushing to kill him in any way they can. He falls dead to the ground before I can even rack the gun.

I look over and see Rebekah snickering. "That's two." She says, and runs back into the fray. We are demolishing them even though there's almost four times as many of them as there are of us.

I can't believe I haven't even gotten one with all the death that's going on. I hear a rustling behind me, and wonder how trained killers could be so careless. I rack the gun, and shoot before the snipers hand can reach the trigger. She falls into the bushes with a shriek, and takes her final breaths.

"One." I say to Rebekah. Zoë comes rushing in behind me, not a speck of blood on her clothes. 

"Five," She says and flicks my forehead. To everyone she says, "Head out. We got all of them, and I want to be back before anyone notices we're gone." Everyone nods at her, and she nods back. They put their guns away, and await further orders.

I polish my gun off, staring at my reflection in the shiny metal. Zoë still has that evil look in her eyes. She looks at the senator. "They'll be back. There's no doubt about it." She snarls to him. With a nod to him, she brushes past him on the sidewalk. I follow after her.