Chapter e i g h t

A special treat for you guys...

Cameron P. O. V.

I sit on my bed my knees tucked against my chest. My eyes dart up at the clock, and I roll my eyes as I realize it's another two hours before I wake everyone up. I inhale deeply, and try to think of ways to make the day interesting.

The girls need a break. What should we do? I go over to the computer, and type in different vacation spots in Pennsylvania. This state is such a bore; why did I have to pick this place to do my work. It's such a drag.

I decide to start the day, and get dressed. Grabbing my house key, I creep out of the house and onto the driveway. I double knot my shoe laces and start to run. As my feet hit the concrete, I think of everyone who's back at the house.

I almost lost my temper when I saw Zoë hurt. I don't trust Jones as far as I can throw him. While I may have muscles, unlike Amy says, he seems too fat for me to even toss.

There's no way I'd ever do something about Jones. Morgan is too scary when it comes to that guy. I like my limbs attached to my body, thank you very much.

That Amy girl is kinda weird, but I guess I'm not one to talk. I don't think she's smart enough to even start to understand me. She's all talk and no guts. She also doesn't trust me because I helped Chiamaka have a little fun. I would feel guilty about that if I actually cared.

I can't say anything bad about Ella. She's the one who let me stay in the house. I can't believe she'd be that oblivious as to why I wanted to stay in her house. Always stay close to your enemies.

And then there's Jess. All she does is bully me. I mean, have a little soul, girl. I don't know how her family survived her strong personality. I can barely handle it now.

Ali has great food. She's the one who doesn't deserve to be treated wrongly. I don't even talk to her. Her and Zoë are the only ones who I actually take seriously around here.

I loop back around the block, and start to sprint home. When I finally touch home, I almost trip trying to stop. Panting, I walk back into the house. Zoë is in the kitchen on her phone, eating cereal.

I smirk as I sneak up behind her, and shout "Boo!" in her ear. She screams, and almost drops her phone in her cereal.

"Hey Z." I smile at her, leaning on the counter.

"You idiot," she says, hitting my arm. "You could have got my phone in my cereal, and this phone costs more than your life."

"You like me anyway." I say, with a cheeky grin.

"In your dreams." She says.

"You know it." I call as I walk up the stairs.

I go to the bathroom and shower. I check the clock, and realize it's still twenty minutes until everyone gets up for work. I go back downstairs to my room. I sit on my bed, drying my hair with a towel, as I try to think of ways to distract the two girls.

My eyes widen as I get the perfect idea. I remember when I used to go to the beach with my parents. It's the perfect getaway, and they'll have no choice anyway. I, being the only male in this household, call all the shots here. Unless Ella says otherwise, then I'm screwed.

I realize that I've been mumbling to myself for twenty minutes, and go to wake Ella up first so I can ask her. I creep out of my room, avoiding the loud floorboards, and enter her room. She's sitting on her bed with her glasses on, reading a book.

"Hey, Tiger." I say. She rolls her eyes, knowing there's only one person who would call her that.

"Hey, idiot." She responds. I put a hand to my heart, feigning being hurt.