9✨

a/n: this is a tiny filler chapter. hope you guys are enjoying this story so far! :)

arin had woken up two hours later. the spot next to him felt cold. he opened his eyes to find out that dan wasn't on the bed.

maybe he went to the bathroom?

yeah, that's what arin went with. or maybe his mom needed him for something. wherever dan went, arin used this as an opportunity to look around danny's room.

he had a dresser next to his room door. one of the drawers was open, making things clearly visible. arin knows he shouldn't snoop but he was so curious.

fuck it.

the small boy got up from his spot and walked over to the dresser. when he looked inside he was half surprised. there were empty ziploc bags that smelled like weed, a couple lighters, two pipes, and an empty box of rolling papers. arin didn't know dan had to have this much stuff just for weed.

"arin? you awake sweetheart?"

the boy gasped when danny opened the door. he panicked.

fucking hell, he felt so embarrassed.

"what are you doing?"

arin shook his head vigorously.

"it's okay, i'm sure you would have found my "stash" eventually." dan closed the door behind him and walked over to his bed. "by the way, sorry i've been calling you sweetheart. my brain can't resist calling you that. unless you don't want me to call you any petname." he smiled.

danny really shouldn't get too comfortable. just because arin trusted him enough to say his own name, it doesn't mean they're completely best friends.

the smaller boy reached for the notebook that was on the bed.

"i like it. it makes me feel kinda special. kinda like if you were my boyfriend..."  he didn't want to hand that to dan, but he did anyways. arin saw him blush.

"well, maybe i do want to be your boyfriend."

now it was arin's turn to blush. the way dan was looking at him made him feel something. not like when he was at that party. like the first time he saw dan at church.

"c'mere." the other boy motioned arin to sit on his lap. this made arin feel weird. is that same thing going to happen? no, this can't happen again. arin suddenly felt sad. just when he was starting to trust danny again, he does this.

"what's wrong? did i do something wrong? oh shit, i'm sorry for whatever i did."

huh, maybe nothing bad was going to happen. either way, arin still felt his crush develop once again. he wanted danny to be his boyfriend right now, even though he just barely trusted him again. those feelings from long ago came back and hit him in the heart.

"d-dan?"

"yes?"

"can-" 

"you don't have to speak if you don't want to."

arin shook his head.

"c-can i kiss you?" he looked away. he couldn't resist those feelings. danny looked at him in shock. did arin just say a full sentence?

did he just fucking ask to kiss him?

"i don't know, maybe you should come over here and find out." dan smiled. this really isn't the time to be snarky. he was still sitting down on the bed when arin walked over and straddled him. the smaller boy felt himself go into a headspace as he looked at danny shyly.

"you're adorable arin."

they both smiled. dan leaned in slowly, stopping just an inch in front of the brunettes face. he licked his lips as his eyes darted from arin's mouth to his eyes. dan wrapped both his arms around the boy.

"are you really sure you want to kiss me?"

arin nodded. he didn't want to hear talking anymore. his arms snaked around danny's neck and pulled him closer as the space closed between them.

the taller boy felt something. it was like sparks but, way harder. something clicked at the back of his mind.

dan's eyes went wide. he pulled back in a panic.

oh god.

he remembered.