WICKED DEEDS

WICKED DEEDS

A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO

ARINOLA

I was seeing red, that afternoon after the close of the school. Mary Jane one of the girls I hung out with in school came over to my desk to tell me that she'd seen Osaze and Okikiola making out in the canteen.

Of course, I know there's no way Osaze would be into my sister of all the girls in this school, including me. I'd argued that it wasn't Osaze, there was no way he'd stoop so low, way below the bar. Okiki was a piece of trash but MaryJane had continued insisting that she was sure of what she'd seen.

"When did you see them together?" I asked.

"Yesterday, I wanted to tell you but..." She stopped and shrugged.

"So why didn't you?" I asked.

"I wasn't sure it was my place to tell you and besides I thought you knew" She defended her sloppy self.

"Knew what?" I yelled at her. One would say that I was overreacting but I wasn't. We were talking about Osaze, he was mine. The other girls knew that and they knew better than to mess with me. Well, every girl except my stupid sister.

"They're teammates, she's the only girl in an all-boys football team. They all may sleep with her" Mary Jane shrugged.

"I already told her not to try anything with him, she wouldn't even dare me" I fumed.

"And you think that's enough, do you know what they do after practice? She probably sleeps with him" MaryJane rolled her eyes.

I refused to believe it, Okikiola won't dare double-cross me.

I'd told her to stay away from Osaze and I know she wouldn't try nonsense after that warning.

Besides, there was no way Osaze would sleep with Okikiola or even like her. No one likes her.

"MaryJane, stop saying rubbish, Why don't you just go and ask Osaze. He'll tell you the truth. Okikiola isn't like that, she's a good person. She won't go after someone you really like" Anita suggested.

I narrowed my eyes at her, I don't know why she even roots for that sister of my mine.

"Are you on my side or hers?" I asked her.

"I'm all for finding out the truth and not getting angry over what could be a rumour," Anita said.

"Are you saying I'm lying, are you saying I'm making things up or I wasn't seeing right?" Mary Jane attacked Anita.

"I'm saying we don't know what you saw so we can't be truly sure?"Anita maintained.

"Fine, I'll ask Osaze. And I'll prove both of you wrong; Osaze loves me and not that foolish sister of mine" I said.

With that, I stood up and went to look for him.

I found him on the field as usual but he was busy with football practice so I had to wait for him to finish since I couldn't as well as go into the field to stop the football match.

"Arinola" Tobi, Osaze's friend and teammate came to stand beside me.

"What?" I snapped at him, eyeing him with disdain.

"I like your hair, I like the beads and the bows" He smiled at me.

Great, another lovesick fool desperate for my attention. I ignored him, the only reason I paid attention to him was that he's Osaze's friend. Asides from Osaze, I had no business with him.