A Way Home?

"Hey," Terrell waved a hand in front of Sahara's face. She didn't even blink signaling that she hadn't noticed. Her breathing was getting faster and Terrell had a sinking feeling she was having another attack where she would hyperventilate like she had before.

""Is your friend alright?" the large man, who still stood there, asked.

"She's fine," Terrell told him realizing he needed to get rid of this person if he wanted to help Sahara keep the fact that she was not from Regona a secret.

"I don't know..." the man trailed off as the bell rang and to Terrell's relief a new customer entered. His attention diverted, the large man turned and headed over to attend to the person, yet not before shooting Sahara another look.

Seeing that the man was gone Terrell turned back to Sahara. She was gripping the edge of the table with both her hands and her knuckles were white. "Sahara," Terrell snapped his fingers. No reaction. "Dang it," he said under his breath. He needed her to calm down before other people got involved and questions were asked.

"I need to get back," he heard Sahara whisper.

Terrell scowled. Was she being serious? No one had left Regona City in three years. There was no way. Then again, she had somehow gotten here so maybe...his eyes widened suddenly as he thought of something.

"I might know someone who can help," he said leaning forward.

Sahara didn't hear him. She was in panic mode knowing that she knew she was not in America, and perhaps not even on earth. Maybe it's all a bad dream, shethought. That's right, she nodded her head. I'm in bed at the Kanes' house fast asleep. Mrs. Kane will come wake me up for school soon and this will all be over...

SPLASH!

Sahara felt something cold and wet hit her face. It took only seconds for the room to swim back into focus and she found herself staring at Terrell in shock. Her face, hair, and some of her shirt were drenched with water. Terrell himself half stood across the table(delete from her), the empty glass of water tipped towards her.

"Breathe!" Terrell told her.

Sahara did just that and slowly her heart rate slowed down as her breathing became more regulated. As it did she felt herself calming down somewhat. Seeing that the water had done its work, Terrell sat back down in relief. Behind him both the large man and the new customer were staring over at Sahara in surprise.

Turning around Terrell shot them an apologetic smile. "It was too hot for her," he told them. Not waiting to see their response he turned back to Sahara who sat looking somewhat shocked and in a sorry state indeed.

"I didn't know how else to get your attention," Terrell told her with a shrug.

"T-thanks?" Sahara more asked than said.

"Anytime," Terrell replied as the corner of one side of his lips turned up in a half smile. Sahara stared at him for a moment, the small change in his facial features making her unable to look away. Realizing what she was doing, she quickly looked away. Terrell didn't even seem to have noticed.

"Look," he leaned forward and lowered his voice. "I was saying that if you were really that desperate to go home, then I might know someone who can help."

Sahara's head snapped back to Terrell. He had her full attention.

"I said might," Terrell told her at seeing her hopeful look. "Actually...forget it. It's pretty much impossible."

"Who is it?" Sahara brushing aside last thing Terrell had said.

"Who is it?" Sahara brushing aside the might Terrell had stressed.