Chapter 13

~Moon's POV~

How could Gold do that?! I understand jealousy is horrible, but this?!
My tail drooped as I stared at Star. There was a large scar covering half his handsome face. It wasn't fair!
I winced as my boyfriend groaned, putting my snout against his neck gently.
As he slept and recovered, I thought about what had just happened.
I guess I do still love Gold, but my love for Star outweighs it.
I'd never hurt him, or do this to him.
I sighed gustily against Star's smooth scales and he shivered.
Letting out a muffled nervous chuckle, I pulled my snout away and looked around. The infirmary was empty, except for them. Gold hadn't even come to check on Star!
But I guess that's expected. He DID try to kill him, after all..

~Star's POV~

I opened my eyes, blinking against the harsh light. My brain was still groggy as I looked around, yawning.
Moon was sitting by me, generally looking like a worrywart.
I weakly chuckled, wincing immediately. The side of my face that got hit still feels tender.
My wings flick as a brilliant idea comes to me. Well, not all that brilliant, but it's sure a smart as heck one!
Moon looked at me, smiling hugely. She kissed my cheek, looking as relieved as if the moons suddenly went out and then came back.
Our midnight black scales pressed together as we embraced, smiling.
"Ahem."
Moon and I jerked our heads around to see Gold standing in the doorway.
The last person I wanted to see today...
Or ever, to be honest.

~Gold's POV~

I knew Moon would be after my head if I didn't go see her beautiful Star.
Well he wouldn't be so beautiful now, I thought, snickering.
Aaah.. revenge. Bitter as an unripe mango, sweet as the sweetest banana.
I shuffled down the hallway and entered the infirmary to see Star and Moon locked in a tight embrace. I cleared my throat and they whirled around, Star's disfigured face clouding with anger once he recognized me.
I knew that he couldn't get me while he was in this state, so I decided to taunt him a bit.
"Aww... are you okaaay?" I asked in a baby voice. "Did you get a little ouchie? Did you need momma Moon to make it feel better?"
Star hissed; this guy was so easy to get to!
I grinned and continued taunting, "I'm surprised she still loves you... my, my! I've never seen such an ugly dragon before!"
Star's ears pinned against his head and he looked down.
I felt a flash of pity, but ignored it.
Whatever.
Moon had an angry look upon her face as I turned to her, grinning. I knew she wouldn't hurt me or yell at me.
I'm too irresistible!