missed you

day thirteen; write a scene with only dialogue, no narrative.

...

"Hello, Emma. Some weather we are having, it seems to change every day! Though it gets pretty bad!"

"Hi, Belle. Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."

"Why haven't you answered my calls?"

"Phone is broke."

"Oh. I haven't talked to you in awhile, how are you? Are you still sick?"

"I'm feeling better, thanks for asking. If I was still sick, why would I be here? How about you?"

"Ha ha, I didn't think that through. Well, t-things could be better."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"N-no, I don't think so."

"Are you sure, Belle?"

"No."

"Come on, let's go to the lounge...
Okay, spill!"

"The reason is mostly Derek, he was forced to leave me. He had to go back to his home in Germany, but I don't see why we had to break up. I really wanted to make things work between us. We used to hangout all of the time, and I didn't want you third wheeling so I didn't include you in most of the activities but now I wish I would've. Maybe if you were there, I highly doubt I would have fallen so hard for him, like I have now nor we wouldn't have drifted apart."

"You can always visit him to talk things through! I don't think he realizing what he's really missing is you. I'm so sorry, break ups suck. But I don't think this will last for long! We can always hangout silly."

"I don't have any money right now."

"Oh?"

"Can I borrow some?"

"We get paid in two days, I think you'll be okay Belle."

"I don't, I'm missing a few hours out of my forty because I left to look for you."

"Oh, sorry."

"No, it's fine. Well I'll see you, Emma."

"Goodbye."